Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread

soxfan49

1 minute ago, KipWellsFan said:

I logged on just to see the hilarious hot takes here after that game. I'm not disappointed.

This board never disappoints if your looking for a good laugh.  I think they should pack everything up and call it a season lol!

• Thanks 1

Just now, ron883 said:

Goodwin: .930 OPS vs righties

Soxtalk: "Why the hell did Tony bat Goodwin against a righty?"

You can question how sustainable it is, but Goodwin definitely doesn't get enough credit for how well he's hit this year

but the pixie dust has probably worn off

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

lol.... hit and run in that situation.

dumb ass

The fact that you called it a “hit and run” automatically means your opinion is worthless. 

I would have ran Engel there also. I said as much before the pitch. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

The fact that you called it a “hit and run” automatically means your opinion is worthless. 

I would have ran Engel there also. I said as much before the pitch. 

then you are a dumb ass - if i said that in the right order.

you never see that strategy in that situation.

Goodwin shouldn’t even be on the team and he definitely is not a center fielder! Is anyone besides me getting tired of watching Anderson stand st the plate spit and play with himself and then hit a bad pitch and jog half hearted down the line. If this jackass is the face of our franchise then we are in real trouble. At least Abreau hustles and sets a decent example. It makes me sick to think we let 3 all stars go to keep Anderson who is an absolute ass hole.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

but no one said anything close to that though... 

The point is that there is way too much overreaction if they play poorly for a week or two.  EVERY team has stretches when things aren't going well.  You come back tomorrow and keep playing....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Goodwin shouldn’t even be on the team and he definitely is not a center fielder! Is anyone besides me getting tired of watching Anderson stand st the plate spit and play with himself and then hit a bad pitch and jog half hearted down the line. If this jackass is the face of our franchise then we are in real trouble. At least Abreau hustles and sets a decent example. It makes me sick to think we let 3 all stars go to keep Anderson who is an absolute ass hole.

Lol whaaaaaa

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harkness99 said:

then you are a dumb ass - if i said that in the right order.

you never see that strategy in that situation.

Huh? The right order? It wasn’t a hit and run and it wasn’t a run and hit. It was sending the runner on a full count to avoid a double play. It happens a lot in baseball. If you’re not going to do it just because it’s the 9th inning, then you shouldn’t do it in any inning. A strike out and a line out are what you are hoping doesn’t happen. It was unlucky. It happens. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

God you suck and so does whoever liked this post.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Wow, this is an even hotter take than I expected to see. You've outdone yourself soxtalk.

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

Huh? The right order? It wasn’t a hit and run and it wasn’t a run and hit. It was sending the runner on a full count to avoid a double play. It happens a lot in baseball. If you’re not going to do it just because it’s the 9th inning, then you shouldn’t do it in any inning. A strike out and a line out are what you are hoping doesn’t happen. It was unlucky. It happens. 

goodwin had not grounded into a double play all year though...

I get that the count was 3-2 and the runner goes sometimes - but when you are down to your last outs...