Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread

soxfan49

24 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Goodwin shouldn’t even be on the team and he definitely is not a center fielder! Is anyone besides me getting tired of watching Anderson stand st the plate spit and play with himself and then hit a bad pitch and jog half hearted down the line. If this jackass is the face of our franchise then we are in real trouble. At least Abreau hustles and sets a decent example. It makes me sick to think we let 3 all stars go to keep Anderson who is an absolute ass hole.

This is one of the worst troll efforts I have seen in a while.  Even Ron knows how to spell Abreu.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So the sh***y Royals hit three HR and the Sox hit----. Brutal lineup. I would give the dead hitters some time off but then we see Dandy Mendick. How about some days off for Abreu. 

19 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

I am wondering why we didn’t play Moncada at second and Burger at third. Moncada was our second base man for an entire year + .

Because Burger is in Charlotte and even so they didn't want to defensively downgrade two key positions with a groundball pitcher on the mound.

13 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

If you are not seeing Anderson loafing then you are not watching the game. He almost got thrown out at second jogging on the base paths with a shot off of the wall. Watch him and if you think he represents with class then you have your head up your ass.

Just log off. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

I hate to even ask because I feel like it gives any credibility to the post, but who are the 3 all stars?  I know one of them would be Tatis, but who are the other two?

Marcus is one. But so is Tim. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

If you are not seeing Anderson loafing then you are not watching the game. He almost got thrown out at second jogging on the base paths with a shot off of the wall. Watch him and if you think he represents with class then you have your head up your ass.

I'm a huge Tim fan but he appears to have gotten a bit full of himself this season. I don't know how to lookup clutch stats but it sure seems he's not near as clutch as he's been the last two seasons.  He also seems streakier than he's been in the past, not to mention the absence of power.  He's still a fantastic player but I can't help but look at his performances the previous two seasons and feel that he's fallen short this season.  

2 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

I'm a huge Tim fan but he appears to have gotten a bit full of himself this season. I don't know how to lookup clutch stats but it sure seems he's not near as clutch as he's been the last two seasons.  He also seems streakier than he's been in the past, not to mention the absence of power.  He's still a fantastic player but I can't help but look at his performances the previous two seasons and feel that he's fallen short this season.  

Way short of the last two years. In the past it was almost impossible to get a fib past him now 93 in the nibble beats him and I can’t remember him getting thrown out by a shortstop or third baseman diving into the hole then getting up and throwing him out but this year it’s happening a lot. I guess I expect too much to want to see maximum effort most of the time. Guys like Abreu and Cleveland’s Rameriz are special with their max effort.

2 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Way short of the last two years. In the past it was almost impossible to get a fib past him now 93 in the nibble beats him and I can’t remember him getting thrown out by a shortstop or third baseman diving into the hole then getting up and throwing him out but this year it’s happening a lot. I guess I expect too much to want to see maximum effort most of the time. Guys like Abreu and Cleveland’s Rameriz are special with their max effort.

Abreu dogs it too. In a 162 game season, do you really want to see guys go balls to the wall and run out every grounder, even when there's almost no chance to be safe? Look at what happened to Robert and Madrigal. Do you want the rest of the team to suffer the same fate they did? It's one thing if they dog it with the game on the line, it's another if it's a routine grounder in the 1st inning. 

Yeah Tim did think he hit a homer in the 5th, but he was still safe at 2nd, was he not? 

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

His numbers vs. righties this year are actually pretty close to his career norms. It's definitely the lefties that have hurt him. 

This whole game kind of hinged on that double he gave up to Dyson. If he gets Dyson like he should have, they don't score the third run and there's a chance he doesn't face Benintendi in the 6th. What's even worse is that he basically got Dyson to pop out to RF, but with KC's weird ass OF, the ball ended up barely going into the stands when it would have been an out in just about every other ballpark. 

Edited by chw42

8 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Right.  Because you know better than people with access to the team.

Yup! Access to the team? Must be the same guys who are happy to get Eloy back before he is ready and eventually cave into him and let him play in the field where it is a given he will hurt himself again with his awkward defensive play. Eloy is a DH end of story and leave Vaughn alone he is coming along really well.

2 minutes ago, greg775 said:

That was an annoying loss. KC is hot. KC better not sweep the Sox. That would disgust me.

I knew we'd be in for an annoying time when I saw Soler homer'd twice on Sunday. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

I knew we'd be in for an annoying time when I saw Soler homer'd twice on Sunday. 

Sox struggle vs. KC when the Royals are hot. Yes I realize Sox had won 10 in a row at Kauffman Stadium.

10 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Yup! Access to the team? Must be the same guys who are happy to get Eloy back before he is ready and eventually cave into him and let him play in the field where it is a given he will hurt himself again with his awkward defensive play. Eloy is a DH end of story and leave Vaughn alone he is coming along really well.

tenor_(1).gif

15 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Abreu dogs it too. In a 162 game season, do you really want to see guys go balls to the wall and run out every grounder, even when there's almost no chance to be safe? Look at what happened to Robert and Madrigal. Do you want the rest of the team to suffer the same fate they did? It's one thing if they dog it with the game on the line, it's another if it's a routine grounder in the 1st inning. 

Yeah Tim did think he hit a homer in the 5th, but he was still safe at 2nd, was he not? 

Go early and watch their warmup there isn’t much stretching going on. As far as dogging it, every at bat is important, if it’s not then let someone else take it. You will not see Cleveland loafing especially Rameriz who seems to always give max effort. As far as Madrigal I really like him as a player. But he seems to be fragile and injury prone. He was injured a few times in college as well as with us last year. I think the Robert injury was a freak and I am glad they are taking their time bringing him back.