Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread

soxfan49

3 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Go early and watch their warmup there isn’t much stretching going on. As far as dogging it, every at bat is important, if it’s not then let someone else take it. You will not see Cleveland loafing especially Rameriz who seems to always give max effort. As far as Madrigal I really like him as a player. But he seems to be fragile and injury prone. He was injured a few times in college as well as with us last year. I think the Robert injury was a freak and I am glad they are taking their time bringing him back.

Robert has just as many injury issues, if not more, than Madrigal 

28 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Abreu dogs it too. In a 162 game season, do you really want to see guys go balls to the wall and run out every grounder, even when there's almost no chance to be safe? Look at what happened to Robert and Madrigal. Do you want the rest of the team to suffer the same fate they did? It's one thing if they dog it with the game on the line, it's another if it's a routine grounder in the 1st inning. 

Yeah Tim did think he hit a homer in the 5th, but he was still safe at 2nd, was he not? 

It sure would have been ugly if he was. About as ugly as Moncada yesterday or Collins a few days ago, absolute rally killers.

9 hours ago, Chicago White Sox said:

God you suck and so does whoever liked this post.

A new poster, who contributes trash , should have his computer time restricted by his parents. 

I agree that all players across the league should knock it off with admiring their hits. In the age of analytics where we try to get every advantage possible, players are giving away the obvious advantage of getting to first base and making the turn as soon as possible. Do I think every player should run 100% right out of the batters box on every play? No. But the admiring seems to be a bit of a plague across the league and on our team.  It seems quite often that guys admire it and it goes off the wall, or barely makes it out.

All that aside, Tim Anderson is obviously a leader on this team, and a key to our success. Also, he is super smooth in the infield this year.

19 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

He should be, but knowing the Sox it'll probably be Sheets which will suck.  I would have sent him down when Eloy came back.

Dfa. The correct term is dfa. Goodwin can’t be sent down. I get the sense they won’t just yet because they like the depth, though I wouldn’t be opposed to a Sheets/Engel platoon when Robert is back.

28 minutes ago, KipWellsFan said:

I agree that all players across the league should knock it off with admiring their hits. In the age of analytics where we try to get every advantage possible, players are giving away the obvious advantage of getting to first base and making the turn as soon as possible. Do I think every player should run 100% right out of the batters box on every play? No. But the admiring seems to be a bit of a plague across the league and on our team.  It seems quite often that guys admire it and it goes off the wall, or barely makes it out.

All that aside, Tim Anderson is obviously a leader on this team, and a key to our success. Also, he is super smooth in the infield this year.

I never liked Tim's theatrics, but he is a talent that doesn't come along all that often. It would be very hard for the Sox to be a contender without him.

And yes, other players should stop with their own theatrics. When they hit the ball, run, even if it is trotting. They can admire their homers on ESPN or some other highlight show.

23 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

Dfa. The correct term is dfa. Goodwin can’t be sent down. I get the sense they won’t just yet because they like the depth, though I wouldn’t be opposed to a Sheets/Engel platoon when Robert is back.

Tony prefers veterans, and you don’t lose players with options so as long as he finds value with Goodwin, he’ll stay. Lamb vs. Goodwin once Robert returns is the key decision (or a phantom Hamilton injury to keep him for the playoffs). 

I’m hoping Engel is healthy enough to play RF beyond starts vs. LHP. He has shown much improvement vs. RHP last year and in limited time this season and his defense is far superior to Lamb/Goodwin.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Tony prefers veterans, and you don’t lose players with options so as long as he finds value with Goodwin, he’ll stay. Lamb vs. Goodwin once Robert returns is the key decision (or a phantom Hamilton injury to keep him for the playoffs). 

I’m hoping Engel is healthy enough to play RF beyond starts vs. LHP. He has shown much improvement vs. RHP last year and in limited time this season and his defense is far superior to Lamb/Goodwin.

They’ll have to dfa someone to make room for Robert since the 40-man is full and I think it will be Lamb.

Guess I am confused why Sheets would be any better than Goodwin?  I am not saying I really favor one over the other but Sheets is hitting .185 for the month of July.  His slugging is slightly better than Goodwin for July so his OPS is .737 and Goodwin's is .723.  Not that I really like Goodwin in center field, but in a pinch he can play there so he does give you a little more versatility from a defensive standpoint.  Like Burger I think it might be beneficial for Sheets to get consistent ABs in Charlotte.  That said, if they keep Sheets when Robert comes back I would be ok with that too lol.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Guess I am confused why Sheets would be any better than Goodwin?  I am not saying I really favor one over the other but Sheets is hitting .185 for the month of July.  His slugging is slightly better than Goodwin for July so his OPS is .737 and Goodwin's is .723.  Not that I really like Goodwin in center field, but in a pinch he can play there so he does give you a little more versatility from a defensive standpoint.  Like Burger I think it might be beneficial for Sheets to get consistent ABs in Charlotte.  That said, if they keep Sheets when Robert comes back I would be ok with that too lol.

Because people hate Tony. Plain and simple. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

They’ll have to dfa someone to make room for Robert since the 40-man is full and I think it will be Lamb.

That's possible, however, what I'd like to see is to be able to throw in Burr, Ruiz or Burdi as part of a trade. All three have had multiple shots with the Sox and not been able to come through. No reason to keep all three on the 40.

I think Lamb comes back an pushes Sheets back to AAA, and I think Hamilton gets a mystery injury right around the time Robert is back.

1 minute ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

That's possible, however, what I'd like to see is to be able to throw in Burr, Ruiz or Burdi as part of a trade. All three have had multiple shots with the Sox and not been able to come through. No reason to keep all three on the 40.

I think Lamb comes back an pushes Sheets back to AAA, and I think Hamilton gets a mystery injury right around the time Robert is back.

Burr and/or Ruiz I wouldn't mind, but I would like to give it a little more time for Burdi.