Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread

soxfan49

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

BABIP definitely got him early in the year. But recently, he's had terrible command and has gotten hit around. His Baseball Savant page has a lot of blue. 

11 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

With how crappy the Sox farm system is right now, I'm not sure they could even acquire any relievers that would be any better than the  guys they currently have. They might be better off hoping guys like Heuer can figure it out. 

Truth. I don't think you could even package Sheets + Burger + Jose Rodriguez + for a reliever with 1 year of control left.

• Fire 1

Just now, hankchifan said:

TA swinging at ball 3 when we need to bring the tying run to the plate.  Do we have a more patient alternative for lead off?  Tim swings at everything, not a good trait for lead off hitter.

Tim gets away with this a lot cause those usually go for hits. But he's in a funk. He needs to know that and take pitches so he can get on base. 

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

Agreed, also seems like this team doesn’t pummel LHP like it used to.

We just can't hit Minor. Even in the game we won against him we had some real good BABIP luck. 

Just now, hankchifan said:

If Heuer can come around we don’t need to give the house away for a reliever.

They need two relievers. Don’t let one game by Heuer overshadow how bad he’s looked this year.  The eye test shows his stuff is way worse this season.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

No, they're in a studio at the NBC tower in the Loop, same place they've been for every away game this year. They're announcing based solely on the same feed you and I are seeing.

Weren’t they supposed to start traveling this past weekend?