Sox @ Royals, 7/26, 7:10, Game Thread

soxfan49

6 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Goodwin shouldn’t even be on the team and he definitely is not a center fielder! Is anyone besides me getting tired of watching Anderson stand st the plate spit and play with himself and then hit a bad pitch and jog half hearted down the line. If this jackass is the face of our franchise then we are in real trouble. At least Abreau hustles and sets a decent example. It makes me sick to think we let 3 all stars go to keep Anderson who is an absolute ass hole.

3416-genius.jpg

7 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Goodwin shouldn’t even be on the team and he definitely is not a center fielder! Is anyone besides me getting tired of watching Anderson stand st the plate spit and play with himself and then hit a bad pitch and jog half hearted down the line. If this jackass is the face of our franchise then we are in real trouble. At least Abreau hustles and sets a decent example. It makes me sick to think we let 3 all stars go to keep Anderson who is an absolute ass hole.

okay this was an over-reaction ill admit!

Just now, harkness99 said:

goodwin had not grounded into a double play all year though...

I get that the count was 3-2 and the runner goes sometimes - but when you are down to your last outs...

You are completely using hindsight to form your opinion. If Goodwin strikes out there and Engel is safe at second, I guarantee you don’t say anything about how it was dumb to send him. 

There's some strong psychology at play with this team, imo.  The rallying cry since spring has been to work past the injuries and stay in contention.  Once guys come back, and we fortify at the deadline, we'll be in great shape.  This roster, minus Eloy, has busted their asses day in and day out to win.  Now that the idea of things getting a bit easier is in sight, they're exhausted mentally.  Done.  

Eloy isn't going to be a savior this week.  The sooner Hahn makes a move, no matter how minor it is, the sooner this team will become reinvigorated. 

I also think that the impending roster moves are weighing on those who aren't 100% confident in their position on this team moving forward.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Wow! No words to describe this one.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

God you suck and so does whoever liked this post.

If you are not seeing Anderson loafing then you are not watching the game. He almost got thrown out at second jogging on the base paths with a shot off of the wall. Watch him and if you think he represents with class then you have your head up your ass.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Wow! No words to describe this one.

I hate to even ask because I feel like it gives any credibility to the post, but who are the 3 all stars?  I know one of them would be Tatis, but who are the other two?

1 minute ago, upsoxfan said:

If you are not seeing Anderson loafing then you are not watching the game. He almost got thrown out at second jogging on the base paths with a shot off of the wall. Watch him and if you think he represents with class then you have your head up your ass.

Welcome to Soxtalk!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RG23SoxFan said:

I hate to even ask because I feel like it gives any credibility to the post, but who are the 3 all stars?  I know one of them would be Tatis, but who are the other two?

Semien and Escobar. 2 dudes that are past their rookie contracts anyway. Complaining about TA is so comical. 

Edited by ChiSox59
  • Thanks 1

Wasn’t Marcus Semien one of them? I can’t think of the other.

• Thanks 1

Simeon and Escobar they were both Sox and we traded them for garbage thinking Anderson was the future.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Semien and Escobar. 2 dudes that are past their rookie contracts anyway. Complaining about TA is so comical. 

ok that explains it, I wouldn't want either one of them instead of Anderson.  I expect to read a lot of crazy things on here especially after a loss, but didn't think I would see complaints about TA.