Berrios being discussed by Dodgers/Padres

southsider2k5

If you have the Padres and Dodgers challenging each other for Berrios... then watch out, the Twins will get a big time prospect haul.

Both teams loaded with prospects, trying to gain SP advantage over the other. This could get big.

My guess is the Padres ultimately one up the dodgers as they have a propensity to trade their prospects for good SP like this. Fucking love what they are doing.

Hearing these rumors i'm almost sure that Berrios will go to one of those clubs. Dodgers have insane motivation to gain SP now with the Bauer situation and Padres will do anything they can to stop them from getting this top arm.

Edited by iWiN4PreP

Let the Padres keep trading. good for them. they're like a lottery winner who's going to be bankrupt in like 4 years at this pace. they're just emptying all their prospects for a run of 2-3 years. If I were them, I'd be a little more patient and try to be a perennial winner. 

also, it sure seems to me that the twins are about to tear it all down to the studs. this doesn't seem like a reshuffle as much as a complete teardown. They're even employing pairing up guys like Berrios and Rogers to increase a prospect return. That's very reminscent to Robertson/Kahnle/Frazier trade. 

This division is about to be a complete disaster over the next few years. Twins are going to be a disaster. Indians are currently toeing the line, but that offense is not good, nor does it seem to have anybody coming up through the system. They're discussing Jose Ramirez? Trade him and you might as well trade Bieber too.

That means it's the Royals and Tigers as our competitors. 

Royals actually have been a bit aggressive and that team isn't half bad with some nice young arms in Lynch, Lacy, Kowar, Bubic, Singer, etc. They have a few nice bats like Witt Jr coming up as well. Mondesi is always a threat. That team might be our real compeitition especially if they spend a few bucks w new mgmnt. 

Tigers have always had a decent track record of pushing the pedal down and have Tork and Riley Greene coming. They have a nice nucleus of young arms & can see them spending in FA to shore up some positions. However both of those teams are at least 2 years from really being a threat....

going to be fun next 24 months. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

also, it sure seems to me that the twins are about to tear it all down to the studs. this doesn't seem like a reshuffle as much as a complete teardown. They're even employing pairing up guys like Berrios and Rogers to increase a prospect return. That's very reminscent to Robertson/Kahnle/Frazier trade. 

The Twins will not trade anyone controlled past 2021 (Buxton, Berrios, Kepler, Polanco, Rogers, etc) unless they get an offer they absolutely cannot refuse.  They're asking for the moon for Berrios.  

2 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Dodgers probably are VERY interested. Bauer may be done not only this year...but his career. LA Times had an article today that stated the clubhouse doesn't want him back at all and legally/league discipline surely could void his contract. 

I know this isn’t the point of this thread, but could Bauer’s contract be voided even if he doesn’t get in any legal trouble?

3 hours ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I know this isn’t the point of this thread, but could Bauer’s contract be voided even if he doesn’t get in any legal trouble?

Read up on that LA times article if you can (should be free). It sure sounds like Domestic violence or ethical conduct will surely be explored.

3 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

Read up on that LA times article if you can (should be free). It sure sounds like Domestic violence or ethical conduct will surely be explored.

I’m guessing I found the article you are talking about.  Sounds like both the Dodgers may be able to terminate the deal and MLB could also take disciplinary action against him.