Trea Turner

GreatScott82

Any Trea Turner talk is probably moot.. if the Mariners are involved they can beat out any offer we have. If the Rays are involved, they can beat out any offer, etc.

Our farm system just fucking sucks.

Edit: I should note that I don't trade Vaughn/Kopech under any circumstance.

Edited by iWiN4PreP

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Any Trea Turner talk is probably moot.. if the Mariners are involved they can beat out any offer we have. If the Rays are involved, they can beat out any offer, etc.

They have to be completely off limits.  Both of these guys are players you build your team around.  Vaughn is already showing what kind of hitter he is going to be, which is one of the best in the league.  And Kopech has a $300 million arm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Agreed. Turner is simply not a realistic trade option for the Sox as the asking price will be exorbitant. 

Hahn is shrewd enough to not clean out the farm for any one player. Expect them to go the rental route. 

I would not offer Vaughn but  assuming arguendo you had a deal = Trea for Vaughn.

You then acquire Escobar or another rental for the balance of 2021 to play. 2B.

in 2022 you either sign Trea for a few years or let him go to arbitration, but he is on the roster.

Trea has played many games in CF and is one of the leagues fastest players.

So you potentially have 4-5 outfielders - Cespedes, Colas, Robert and Eloy and Trea

Plus you have Madrigal back at second base.

If Rodon can be extended you are virtually guaranteed  another play-off appearance.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, tray said:

I would not offer Vaughn but  assuming arguendo you had a deal = Trea for Vaughn.

in 2022 you either sign Trea for a few years or let him go to arbitration, but he is on the roster.

So you potentially have 4-5 outfielders - Cespedes, Colas, Robert and Eloy and Trea

If Rodon can be extended you are virtually guaranteed  another play-off appearance.

I really doubt Turner will extend/sign anywhere to play CF.

31 minutes ago, manbearpuig said:

I really doubt Turner will extend/sign anywhere to play CF.

That is a good point. Indeed, sometimes a star player has a lot to say about where they play, or in the case of Eloy, don't play in the field.

Trea though has played in the outfield for 80 major league games so it would not be a stretch.

It's probably a moot point because people are psyched about Vaughn after his  his current hitting streak. If he was in a mid-season slump he might be viewed as tradeable.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tray said:

Now this is worth one of your many laugh reacts.

Just now, TheTruth05 said:

Monster steal for the Sox

Madrigal and Cease have a lot of value given they both have a bunch of control left. It'd basically be an all-in type move for the Sox. You'd basically be saying we're going all-in in 2021 and 2022. 

Just now, chw42 said:

Madrigal and Cease have a lot of value given they both have a bunch of control left. It'd basically be an all-in type move for the Sox. You'd basically be saying we're going all-in in 2021 and 2022. 

Trea turner 1.5 years is worth that price tag alone, having an ace and valuable BP piece in the deal even if rentals make it very much in favor of the Sox I think

I wouldn't trade Cease for anyone at the trade deadline TBH.

Madrigal could be a trade piece for a guy like Trea Turner.

I'd do Madrigal + Crochet I think (and some small minor leaguer pieces) but that's the most I'd go.

Still would hate to lose Madrigal.

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Mike Rizzo would absolutely not return your next 5 phone calls with that offer. 

• Haha 1