Sox @ Royals 7/27, 7:10

28 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That is an awful OF defense. Should put Sheets in RF and DH Vaughn to really make it a circus.

Which is why Engel or Hamilton need to be in there.  Both are hitting as good as Goodwin and are super elite with the glove and can help cover more of teb outfield 

The narrative about Eloy's injury has been exaggerated and promoted incessantly. His injury reaching over a fence was a freak, one-time accident in an unusual circumstance.  So was his injury celebrating after a victory or one running the bases. You can add up the injuries that Grandal or other players have had and make a similar list.

Anyway, he will play some games in Left Field so i guess some will be disappointed while others will wait until Eloy twists and ankle  or bruises his knee and is out for a week so that they can say "I told you so."  Me, I am glad he is back and can't wait to see him playing next to his friend and fellow countryman, Luis Robert. The two have a friendship and chemistry out there that is entertaining to watch.

Edited by tray
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Which is why Engel or Hamilton need to be in there.  Both are hitting as good as Goodwin and are super elite with the glove and can help cover more of teb outfield 

Goodwin is in a huge slump and Engel is hitting righties well (albeit a very small sample size) so really just go with Engel in CF.

39 minutes ago, ptatc said:

That is an awful OF defense. Should put Sheets in RF and DH Vaughn to really make it a circus.

I told you when he was hired Tony doesn’t GAF about OF defense, at least to start a game. He actually had Ron Kittle in CF once.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wolves01 said:

Which Dylan Cease shows up tonight?  Hopefully the one who strikes people out and gets through 4 innings with less than 80 pitches.

Yeah...we need to see more of this Dylan Cease.

25 minutes ago, tray said:

The narrative about Eloy's injury has been exaggerated and promoted incessantly. His injury reaching over a fence was a freak, one-time accident in an unusual circumstance.  So was his injury celebrating after a victory or one running the bases. You can add up the injuries that Grandal or other players have had and make a similar list.

Anyway, he will play some games in Left Field so i guess some will be disappointed while others will wait until Eloy twists and ankle  or bruises his knee and is out for a week so that they can say "I told you so."  Me, I am glad he is back and can't wait to see him playing next to his friend and fellow countryman, Luis Robert. The two have a friendship and chemistry out there that is entertaining to watch.

Small point... Eloy and Luis Robert are not countrymen. Eloy is Dominican, and Robert is Cuban.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

27 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

Goodwin is in a huge slump and Engel is hitting righties well (albeit a very small sample size) so really just go with Engel in CF.

I think Tony said Engel was a bit banged up, and wasn’t going to play back to back.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

I think Tony said Engel was a bit banged up, and wasn’t going to play back to back.

Given the choice between Goodwin having a platoon advantage with the bat and Hamilton's defense out there...I'd still go with catching the ball.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Given the choice between Goodwin having a platoon advantage with the bat and Hamilton's defense out there...I'd still go with catching the ball.

They need to do a better job of lining that shit up where maybe Vaughn and Eloy are both not in the corners.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Sadly Goodwin isn't out hitting BHam by much over the last month either.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

He has played him back-to-back since saying that though. Kind of unclear.

This defense in the outfield is absolutely atrocious. Hopefully they hit enough to cover for it. 

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

We knew we were going to see Eloy and Vaughn in the corners some.  I am OK with it on occasion.  Its going to be necessary at times - just hope it doesn't become an everyday thing.  

I just don't want to see it much with Goodwin in CF. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tray said:

Fellow countryman huh?

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic