Sox @ Royals 7/27, 7:10

1 hour ago, tray said:

The narrative about Eloy's injury has been exaggerated and promoted incessantly. His injury reaching over a fence was a freak, one-time accident in an unusual circumstance.  So was his injury celebrating after a victory or one running the bases. You can add up the injuries that Grandal or other players have had and make a similar list.

Anyway, he will play some games in Left Field so i guess some will be disappointed while others will wait until Eloy twists and ankle  or bruises his knee and is out for a week so that they can say "I told you so."  Me, I am glad he is back and can't wait to see him playing next to his friend and fellow countryman, Luis Robert. The two have a friendship and chemistry out there that is entertaining to watch.

Let me guess,  they all look alike?

7 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Anticipating something like this tonight:

1. SS T. Anderson (R)
  2. RF G. Sheets (L)
  3. 1B J. Abreu (R)
  4. 3B Y. Moncada (S)
  5. LF E. Jimenez (R)
  6. CF B. Goodwin (L)
  7. DH A. Vaughn (R)
  8. 2B L. Garcia (S)
  9. Z. Collins (L)

Vaughn seventh to help adapt to DH role, coupled with Tony's obsession with the RLRLRLRL lineup, which hopefully comes to an end with the return of Luis Robert.

Any ball the Royals hit in the outfield tonight is going to be an adventure.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

1 hour ago, Moncada said:

Which is why Engel or Hamilton need to be in there.  Both are hitting as good as Goodwin and are super elite with the glove and can help cover more of teb outfield 

In what world is Billy Hamilton hitting as good as Brian Goodwin?

Edited by Chicago White Sox

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

In what world is Billy Hamilton hitting as good as Brian Goodwin?

This world apparently 

58 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Since the All Star Break:

Brian Goodwin: .200 / ,250 / ,200 (.450 OPS)

Billy Hamilton: .214 / .214 / .286 (.500 OPS)

Adam Engel: .217 / .333 / .261 (.594 OPS)

28 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh you mean over the last two weeks.  Yeah, let’s just ignore career stats and pretend the guy with a career 67 wRC+ is as good of a hitter as the guy with a career 102 wRC+.

The question remains whether any advantage of Goodwin hitting is negated or worse due to his inability to play a capable CF.

I’m of the opinion that if the White Sox “must” play Eloy in LF, he should be flanked by a legitimate ML capable CF (Engel or Hamilton) on those days. Limit Eloy in LF to LH Starters and you have two options for CF (yesterday).

Hamilton and/or Engel should definitely be inserted in the 6th or 7th in a close game tonight, for either Goodwin and/or Eloy.

The more Goodwin plays and fails at all aspects of the game, the more I want Tony to keep Jake “Franchise Type of Guy” Lamb and DFA Goodwin once Robert returns.

15 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

The question remains whether any advantage of Goodwin hitting is negated or worse due to his inability to play a capable CF.

I’m of the opinion that if the White Sox “must” play Eloy in LF, he should be flanked by a legitimate ML capable CF (Engel or Hamilton) on those days. Limit Eloy in LF to LH Starters and you have two options for CF (yesterday).

Hamilton and/or Engel should definitely be inserted in the 6th or 7th in a close game tonight, for either Goodwin and/or Eloy.

The more Goodwin plays and fails at all aspects of the game, the more I want Tony to keep Jake “Franchise Type of Guy” Lamb and DFA Goodwin once Robert returns.

Which is why my position was if Eloy was going to strictly DH, you send down Burger.  But if they insist Eloy is going to play LF, you cut Goodwin.

19 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Which is why my position was if Eloy was going to strictly DH, you send down Burger.  But if they insist Eloy is going to play LF, you cut Goodwin.

The problem is Engel has been hurt the entire season, and is hurt now, leaving you with Leury and Hamilton as your two CF options on the 50% + days Engel isn't available.

So cutting Goodwin doesn't work until Robert returns or Engel is somehow able to play 5-6 games a week, which isn't the case now.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic