AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

Im watching the Royals feed for that Eloy bomb, heres the transcript

-Would you rather face Abreu who has 75 RBIs or a guy who is in his second game of the year?

*silence*

The thing is... Eloy in his past is 2-3 against Zimmer with 2 doubles...

*Zimmer throws it right down the middle, Eloy fouls it off*

- Ooof... oof.. that was right down the middle and he was ready for it.. I wouldnt give him one of those.. strike ones good but not there... thats center cut..

-So hopefully that was his one and only good pitch to hit

*nervous laugh* right..

*Eloy obliterates the ball*

- Nope..

- Oh man......

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 102605 said:

Great game for Eloy but am I the only one not wanting him to get too confident out in LF?  We don't need him doing something that gets himself hurt again.

this game means we will see a lot more Eloy in left field, he actually looked good. I dont want him out there either but theres no way they DH him now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, 102605 said:

Great game for Eloy but am I the only one not wanting him to get too confident out in LF?  We don't need him doing something that gets himself hurt again.

honestly if he has trimmed down by 10-15 pounds (which it looks like), he could be serviceable and the way he ran tonight...he looked flat out athletic for the first time in a Sox uniform. I am very conflicted. Vaughn in RF is an absolute no go though. so this is gonna be an interesting ride the next month. 

17 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

honestly if he has trimmed down by 10-15 pounds (which it looks like), he could be serviceable and the way he ran tonight...he looked flat out athletic for the first time in a Sox uniform. I am very conflicted. Vaughn in RF is an absolute no go though. so this is gonna be an interesting ride the next month. 

Give it a week and I bet Vaughn can handle it.  He's an athlete and puts the work in.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Is he? He doesn't seem that athletic.

We didn't know he could play left and he was actually very solid.  He moves really well at first base and seems to be learning on the run.  I understand he isn't sleek but I think he will be one of those solid types that handle the routine stuff well.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brijames1957 said:

They have to get Vaughn, Jimenez, and Abreau all in the lineup at the same time as much as possible. 

Yep...those NL parks in the World Series will require being outside of our comfort zone.

You can't be a pussy and be afraid of injuring  yourself. If you play in fear, you do not play competitively or at your best.

That is what Benetti and Stone decided to brand Eloy with...for the rest of his career. Shame on them.

Every major league player gets hurt.  How  about Burger?  Call him stupid and limiting to DH after multiple injuries?   How about Grandal? Robert? Engel?

Eloy sent a message tonight, He is not afraid.

Edited by tray
  • Haha 3