AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

16 hours ago, EloyJenkins said:

honestly if he has trimmed down by 10-15 pounds (which it looks like), he could be serviceable and the way he ran tonight...he looked flat out athletic for the first time in a Sox uniform. I am very conflicted. Vaughn in RF is an absolute no go though. so this is gonna be an interesting ride the next month. 

Why is Vaughn a "no go" in right field, he has the arm for 3B and and shown he is below average but serviceable in LF. This is a franchise that had Jermaine Dye with a -30. defensive value in right field. 

22 minutes ago, beautox said:

Why is Vaughn a "no go" in right field, he has the arm for 3B and and shown he is below average but serviceable in LF. This is a franchise that had Jermaine Dye with a -30. defensive value in right field. 

He was incredibly slow getting to the ball out there. They were running on him at will.

13 minutes ago, fathom said:

He was incredibly slow getting to the ball out there. They were running on him at will.

Frank Howard had a ten year stretch where he had -20 dWar and was STILL +40 WAR.  I don't love the idea of Vaughn being the full time RF...but I think his fielding will not cost nearly as many runs as his hitting will create...especially when Robert is back covering 3/4 of the outfield by himself.  Still Cali's passion of getting lefty Joe Gallo to help this year and next before Cespedes is ready while working with VAughan/Eloy/Sheets/Abreu combo for LF/iB/DH is the best route.