Sox @ Royals 7/28, 7:10

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Yeah I hate it. But he’s the best one they got other than Liam. They just need to sprinkle in a few starts and some longer outings. Hoping they do it - they know he’s a SP. 

And I’m fine with it come October, but the kid still needs some innings in the interim.  Tony seems to think Michael is going to pull a Wainwright and go from a reliever to a starter and add 125 innings next year.  That’s not going to happen or it will simply not end well.

5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I didn’t catch that, but I did see La Russa basically all but confirm that earlier today.  I still can’t believe we are going to compromise his ability to start next year.

I think they figure he'll get his innings in like this and they can build him up next year before the season. I saw this a few weeks back with the one inning outings after the injury.

1 minute ago, Capn12 said:

I mean, the team is going through some offensive woes right now, for sure..but......

"not very good" ?? Some of you guys slay me.

The scored 30 runs in the 5 games before this slump lmaooooooo. 

Only against bad teams like the Astros though. 

Edited by mqr

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I think they figure he'll get his innings in like this and they can build him up next year before the season. I saw this a few weeks back with the one inning outings after the injury.

How many innings can he realistically get if he’s primarily limited to one inning appearances?

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Instead of increasing the number of innings in a single outing, they are doing back to back days. Another way to increase the endurance.

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

And I’m fine with it come October, but the kid still needs some innings in the interim.  Tony seems to think Michael is going to pull a Wainwright and go from a reliever to a starter and add 125 innings next year.  That’s not going to happen or it will simply not end well.

Wainwright was never a power pitcher like Kopech. There's just no comparison. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How many innings can he realistically get if he’s primarily limited to one inning appearances?

With back to back ones, it's just like two inning outings due to the decreased rest.