Sox @ Royals 7/28, 7:10

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The 2005 White Sox had the best record in baseball for 90% of the season.

Is this just you "tempering" your expectations for a team that already won the title? At this point I just feel like you're trolling, and it's not your pessimism any longer but your desire to say irrational things to get a reaction.

Part of the reason the Sox won that championship was because of Cliff Pollitte and Neal Cotts, two guys that had great seasons that sucked before and after that season. 

The Sox needed 3 closers that year, most teams that go through 3 closers don't make the playoffs. 

The dropped 3rd strike, the HBP that was actually a foul ball, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

It's baseball, you can luck your way into a championship. See: 2005 Sox and 2006 Cardinals. 

I find a twenty in the parking lot on the way to work? That's lucky.

A meeting where I had to present a slideshow that I hadn't even started on gets cancelled? That's lucky.

A team going wire-to-wire over the span of 6 months and then winning all but one games in the postseason to include 4 consecutive complete game performances?.....Little bit of effort...just a smidge. 

10 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Smoke and mirrors. 

Whose offensive performance specifically is smoke and mirrors? The Sox don't even really have any overperforming offensive players outside of maybe Engel and Sheets and they've had a fraction of the total PA of the team this season.