Sox @ Royals 7/28, 7:10

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Listen......im frustrated ......not necessarily with the loss but with the complacency I see from our "stars." Great teams go through slumps but they are not complacent. I feel like we got to all star game with 9 game lead and our leaders and stars lost any edge they had.....complacent 

we just havent played very well lately -- especially on offense.

2 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Listen......im frustrated ......not necessarily with the loss but with the complacency I see from our "stars." Great teams go through slumps but they are not complacent. I feel like we got to all star game with 9 game lead and our leaders and stars lost any edge they had.....complacent 

If there’s complacency, it is starting with whoever is making personnel decisions.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

What BS numbers? You drive in runs by hitting with RISP. He has crushed the ball with RISP. You are bitching that Yoan hasn't come up with more RBI chances and blaming that, somehow, on Yoan. 🤣

Hit more extra base hits and homeruns.....that will take care of it, instead of all the bloop singles with a guy on 1st......a double most likely scores the guy.

Let me ask you this, and please give an honest answer, few years back would you have been content with 

8 hr

44 rbi

From your star 3rd baseman after 100 games?

I'm not. I will shut up after this and move on....

• Like 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I mean we probably drive him in either way. There were no outs in the inning and Zavala and Tim both made good contact right after. 

With the way this offense is going? They couldn't even move Sheets from second with no outs in the 10th.

Just now, 2Deep said:

Keep these BS numbers.

Give me a guy who hits Hr's and drives in runs.

You can spin stats anyway you want. The ones that count are HR and driving guys in.

No player is going out there and hitting 130 HR's a year. How exactly are you going to drive in runs if players aren't consistently getting on base to make it happen?

The White Sox are 25th in the majors in HR's. That must mean they aren't scoring any runs, right? That's the only way to score using your logic. I wonder where they rank in runs scored.... hmm... oh it's 4th? in all of baseball? I wonder how they've done that. They're 2nd in OBP, but that doesn't matter, having guys on base doesn't lead to scoring runs. They just magically score themselves because that's apparently how things work.

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

If there’s complacency, it is starting with whoever is making personnel decisions.

Could be true but if the primary hitters in this lineup don't start hitting, acquiring one hitter won't make a difference. 

1 minute ago, 2Deep said:

Hit more extra base hits and homeruns.....that will take care of it, instead of all the bloop singles with a guy on 1st......a double most likely scores the guy.

Let me ask you this, and please give an honest answer, few years back would you have been content with 

8 hr

44 rbi

Tell Parkman to give you your account back.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Cause it's the same players as last year that started coasting once they clinched a playoff berth and choked away the division title.

• Like 1

Just now, 2Deep said:

8 hr

44 rbi

You're getting way too fixated on RBIs and home runs. There are other ways to contribute value to a baseball team. This isn't 1998. 

I'm not happy with how Yoan has played recently either. His strike out in the 10th was tough to watch, as he probably could have walked if he just went up there without a bat in his hand. If anything his approach recently has been more aggressive and it's actually not working well. He was more productive when he took his walks and didn't swing at balls out of the zone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

And another forgotten blunder was to challenge home run hitter Salvador Perez with a fast ball in the 9 th.  Where was Hendriks slider?

against a guy that is 8-11 career against you.

hendricks is a good relief guy but he is far from a dominator - he has a good straight fast ball that is not that hard to square up.

3 minutes ago, harkness99 said:

against a guy that is 8-11 career against you.

hendricks is a good relief guy but he is far from a dominator - he has a good straight fast ball that is not that hard to square up.

I had no idea Perez was that good against him until after he hit the homer. 

Either way, Liam got hit around tonight. It wasn't just Perez. Santana and Benintendi hit him hard too. Benintendi's fly out is probably a homer or double in a lot of other parks. 

32 minutes ago, fathom said:

Cause he isn’t a major leaguer. They need to stop pretending he is. Also I hope they trade Crochet because they have bombed his development.

They've  kept him healthy so far. I consider that a plus for his development as a reliever. Trade him to a team that starts him and he'll end up getting Tommy John surgery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

Either way, Liam got hit around tonight. It wasn't just Perez. Santana and Benintendi hit him hard too. Benintendi's fly out is probably a homer or double in a lot of other parks. 

Kopech is the best pitcher in the bullpen. He needs to work on being the best pitcher in the rotation.  Don't see that happening until there is a change in manager.

22 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

LOL this is such a dumb post. Yoan Moncada is slashing 347/480/587 (1066 ops) with runners in scoring position.

Somehow it is Yoan's fault that the Sox don't have guys in scoring position more often for his at bats.

Yoan, why can't you DO BETTER than 1066 OPS with RISP you bum!?!?!?!

Yoan however did not come through tonight in the 10th when he had a man in scoring position and struck out.

2 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Kopech is the best pitcher in the bullpen. He needs to work on being the best pitcher in the rotation.  Don't see that happening until there is a change in manager.

His fastball is better than Hendrik’s with more movement.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Since the Astros series the offense has gone downhill quick

17 runs in the last 7 games

7 of those runs were scored in 2 innings. 2 of them were knocked in by Lance Lynn. 

Eloy's HR last night and Lynn's 2 RBI single are the reasons we haven't lost 7 in a row. The offense needs to start hitting with some consistency. We give away way too many innings by swinging at crap, even in favorable counts. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Hendriks did not use his slider and his flat fast ball against the middle of KC lineup was not effective tonight.

Just now, hankchifan said:

Hendriks did not use his slider and his flat fast ball against the middle of KC lineup was not effective tonight.

He did use the slider. His first pitch to Perez was a slider that he fouled off. I believe Soler's fly out was on a slider too. He just didn't have it tonight. I don't think it's a pitch selection issue like it was earlier in the year.