Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bob Sacamano

Sox @ Royals 7/28, 7:10

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Part of the reason the Sox won that championship was because of Cliff Pollitte and Neal Cotts, two guys that had great seasons that sucked before and after that season. 

The Sox needed 3 closers that year, most teams that go through 3 closers don't make the playoffs. 

The dropped 3rd strike, the HBP that was actually a foul ball, etc. 

Most teams that win titles never have any breaks go there way and certainly don't have any players over perform their career norms, got it. Another brilliant take. You can't even enjoy a World Series that was a no doubter with a dominant post-season appearance, so I guess we can stop pretending that if they won the title this year you would feel fulfilled. You'd likely just call it luck.

I'm still waiting on you to explain how you smoke and mirror your way to the third best wRC+ despite not having 4 of your best bats.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

The "injury" is also another reason they really need to add another bat or two.  It's unrealistic to think the core 7 stay healthy the rest of the way after they return.

This is why on Chucks podcast earlier today they were talking about Story being a better fit incase there's an injury to Tim. Can't have Mendick and Leury both out there in the infield. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abreu has been in a big rut. No hits in this series.  It has been mostly Ks or ground balls on the infield.  TA and him have not delivered in this series so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Silver lining is hopefully that they don’t take Vaughn out of his spot as much for Eloy. Eloy will be wrapped in bubble wrap instead of playing left field

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hankchifan said:

Abreu has been in a big rut. No hits in this series.  It has been mostly Ks or ground balls on the infield.  TA and him have not delivered in this series so far.

TA at least hit a couple of balls hard today. Jose isn't doing anything worthwhile at the plate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please no homers. Please no homers.

actually just no hits.

and no four walks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1-2-3 inning, and announce a trade. Deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, chw42 said:

TA at least hit a couple of balls hard today. Jose isn't doing anything worthwhile at the plate. 

TAs hit the ball well last two nights, just not elevating. Jose is lost. 

Edited by mqr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fathom said:

Did Eloy hurt himself running to first base earlier in the game?

On a swing or check swing in his last AB.  I saw it but didn't want to say it or even believe it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Moncada said:

On a swing or check swing in his last AB.  I saw it but didn't want to say it or even believe it.  

I thought he looked like he tweaked something on the close play at first

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, EloyRedGloveSWAG said:

Jose looks like he's ready to retire at 34

He’s 4th in the league in RBI. Obviously there is more to the game, but he’s got plenty left. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Santana almost got that one. He got one off Liam earlier in the year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Baron said:

This is why on Chucks podcast earlier today they were talking about Story being a better fit incase there's an injury to Tim. Can't have Mendick and Leury both out there in the infield. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47svookoozxk9vrkkrum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Part of the reason the Sox won that championship was because of Cliff Pollitte and Neal Cotts, two guys that had great seasons that sucked before and after that season. 

The Sox needed 3 closers that year, most teams that go through 3 closers don't make the playoffs. 

The dropped 3rd strike, the HBP that was actually a foul ball, etc. 

This is just idiotic...now great full season performances don’t count because guys weren’t good in years before or after?  Do you actually read this shit before you type it?  If I ever run into you at a Sox game again, that free beer is officially off the table and you’ll be lucky to get a Diet Pepsi and a Super Rope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I'm still waiting on you to explain how you smoke and mirror your way to the third best wRC+ despite not having 4 of your best bats.

Guys overperforming their career numbers? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jack Parkman said:

Guys overperforming their career numbers? 

Who??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why in the world would you throw him a fastball

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go figure, our whopping 2 runs of offense wasn't enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fuck this game sideways

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×