Sox @ Royals 7/28, 7:10

22 minutes ago, ptatc said:

With the way this offense is going? They couldn't even move Sheets from second with no outs in the 10th.

How do we end up with the game on the line and batting Hamilton and Goodwin?  

1 minute ago, poppysox said:

Manager relying on his closer who is throwing his 4th inning in 4 days. And our GM waiting until the last minute to trade for a 2B and Eloy getting slightly hurt

Edited by BigHurt3515
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Soxfest said:

Another loss to a awful team…….has happened 15 times already 8th inning on 

KC has some good position players like Merriwether,  Benintendi, Soler and Salvador Perez who can put the hurt on you.  Their main weakness is starting pitching, but we can’t even hit their high ERA starters.

12 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Look at what the bottom 3 of the lineup should be without any injuries. We need a rental 2nd baseman that can get the ball in play so when Robert and Grandal come back we’re back to where we were when Madrigal wasn’t injured.

SS Anderson, 3rd Moncada, 1st Abreu, LF Jimenez, CF Robert, C Grandal, RF Engel, DH Vaughn, 2nd Madrigal.

Edited by maloney.adam

13 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Manager relying on his closer who is throwing his 4th inning in 4 days. And our GM waiting until the last minute to trade for a 2B and Eloy getting slightly hurt

GM has right to wait on pulling trigger on a trade - this team is 8 or 9 games up - not 3 games back and falling.  Any move Sox makes is for post-season - not to get into post-season.  If they don't get into the post-season something went horribly wrong.  

I know some people on this board wouldn’t like to have Báez on this team because of his on the field issues but maybe that’s what this team needs right now. A little character and a kick in the butt because I don’t see any of the leaders firing this team up right now.

Edited by maloney.adam
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

Never heard that from me. Always supported and appreciated his game and still do

Yea I love Nicky and have been stoked on him before day 1… some folks on here have pissed on him ( not you ) so I said it in jest recalling them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

I know some people on this board wouldn’t like to have Báez on this team because of his on the field issues but maybe that’s what this team needs right now. A little character and a kick in the butt because I don’t see anyone right now firing this team up, especially TLR.

I would 100% support Baez for what you wrote above. Plus he hits the ball out of the park, which we sorely need. 

• Like 1

The worst part about losing Madrigal is that you could see the development/improvement happening right before his injury. He was making more consistent hard contact than we'd seen up to that point in his career. It seemed like he was beginning to find the ideal balance between selling out for contact at all costs vs actually doing damage. I think his absence is felt the most vs very good pitching. He's someone who would have been able to make consistent contact and not be overwhelmed by the level of pitching we saw in Milwaukee or will see in the playoffs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

The worst part about losing Madrigal is that you could see the development/improvement happening right before his injury. He was making more consistent hard contact than we'd seen up to that point in his career. It seemed like he was beginning to find the ideal balance between selling out for contact at all costs vs actually doing damage. I think his absence is felt the most vs very good pitching. He's someone who would have been able to make consistent contact and not be overwhelmed by the level of pitching we saw in Milwaukee or will see in the playoffs.

Ding ding ding. I always presented Madrigal as a budding leader for a reason. Dude games and wins.

Edited by hi8is
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

GM has right to wait on pulling trigger on a trade - this team is 8 or 9 games up - not 3 games back and falling.  Any move Sox makes is for post-season - not to get into post-season.  If they don't get into the post-season something went horribly wrong.  

I understand the division gives them a cushion, but I think there should be more urgency to get the 1 seed. We've seen how much better the Sox play at home vs on the road, and there's a HUGE difference between starting the ALDS at home against a 4/5 seed that just burned its ace as opposed to potentially being on the road.

The top of the AL standings are so tight where the best record could absolutely come down to 1-2 games and I think paying a slight prospect premium to prioritize would have been worth it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Ding ding ding. I always presented Madrigal as a budding leader for a reason. Dude games and wins.

A lot of people on here decided to fixate on his flaws when the end result is still an awesome baseball player. He's a difference maker and the Sox sorely miss him.

3 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

A lot of people on here decided to fixate on his flaws when the end result is still an awesome baseball player. He's a difference maker and the Sox sorely miss him.

Every team the kids played on won… and his teammates always said he was their leader. Dude leads by being results driven. Can’t wait for him to be back.

44 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

What I liked this season was the improvement in his defense and playing within himself. He was trying too hard last year and to start the season, ended up making bad fielding and baserunning plays, including the one that injured his shoulder (running through the third base coach's stop sign, getting out and hurt all on one play).

If he can find a way to stay healthy, he should be OK. That said, I want an upgrade in infield depth from Mendick/Garcia, someone you'd feel comfortable with filling in the middle infield, possibly also 3rd base, for a few weeks and not fret about either side of the equation. The Sox should be fine in the OF, but need more depth in the infield across the organization. They made a good step with this year's draft, but it will take time for these players to work their way through the system.

The one true "need" for the post-season, or to survive the stretch to get there, are relievers Tony is going to use. You are already postponing Kopech and Crochet's development for yet another year out of desperation because you weren't willing to spend to bring in a few solid set-up men this off-season.

4 hours ago, BigHurt3515 said:

I think it's more that Robert and Grandal are still out. Goodwin isn't on the roster once the team is near full strength.