Brewers get Escobar

chw42

3 hours ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

I guess "the juice wasn't worth the squeeze" on Escobar. Get ready to either overpay for Story who is in a steep decline, Schoop who can't play D, or............"we added 3 All Star quality players with Eloy, Luis and Grandal coming back. We won't mortgage the multiple future championships for 1 year". 

Hahn failing a trade deadline is like a yearly occurrence 😂  Sure he's landed on... one or two, but the misses have been devastating

1 hour ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Hahn failing a trade deadline is like a yearly occurrence 😂  Sure he's landed on... one or two, but the misses have been devastating

The Sox haven’t made any impact deals at the deadline in a decade outside of the Quintana trade which can only be classified as a major haul for the Sox. I am drawing a blank on other moves.

9 hours ago, hi8is said:

He must be on the Hall of Fame list because I’ve never seen him post.

Can't handle the truth is your problem not mine.

The White Sox will sit on their hands and do nothing because Hahn will have to overpay.

Marco Paddy is the real star in that organization.

I hope they pay him well.

Edited by GradMc

59 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

The Sox haven’t made any impact deals at the deadline in a decade outside of the Quintana trade which can only be classified as a major haul for the Sox. I am drawing a blank on other moves.

Um, “I can’t even remember any moves made by Hahn at the deadline” sorta implies that he’s regularly failing at the deadline.

1 hour ago, Balta1701 said:

Um, “I can’t even remember any moves made by Hahn at the deadline” sorta implies that he’s regularly failing at the deadline.

So part of this is Hahn just not being a buyer because of his horrible start and the shit 2015-16 teams.

So this is off memory but:

2013:

- Sell - Peavy for Avi. Didn’t work out for Sox, but they got a now 8(?) year major leaguer and 1x all star so I’ll give it a B+ for talent eval, d- for PD staff

- sell - Alex Rios for Leury Garcia. B+, not bad.

- I don’t remember anything? Middling team “rebuilding in the fly”. Was this that one reliever who got injured a week before deadline and we almost got arrietta? Tough luck

- Specifically didn’t trade smarj, used the comp pick in a loaded draft for a college reliever F-

- Zach Duke for Tilson (was this 15 or 16?), poor strategy of going after Old AAAA players with playing time - D

- either this was Duke or I don’t remember. Starting to feel like 2016 was Duke.

- Sell - Q deal A+++
- Sell - Frazier/Kahnle/Robertson  - D , kahnle was good, almost got luzardo with Robertson alone

Hodgepodge of years

- Soria for Cordell - F, hate the trading for 25 year old injured players strategy

- MiGo for Ti’Quan Forbes - B+, I’m Forbes biggest backer, migo was nothing, went young, May pay off? I thought Forbes would bet us a MRP

- The AJ Puckett deal - can’t even remember who we sold for this guy but right idea, I liked both 

- that Tampa trade for Gillespie B-

2020 - Buy year!

Nada

Sox had reasonable activity, but just haven’t been buyers under Hahn save for last year. So, go impress us?

35 minutes ago, bmags said:

So part of this is Hahn just not being a buyer because of his horrible start and the shit 2015-16 teams.

2013:

- Sell - Peavy for Avi. Didn’t work out for Sox, but they got a now 8(?) year major leaguer and 1x all star so I’ll give it a B+ for talent eval, d- for PD staff

- I don’t remember anything? Middling team “rebuilding in the fly”. Was this that one reliever who got injured a week before deadline and we almost got arrietta? Tough luck

- Specifically didn’t trade smarj, used the comp pick in a loaded draft for a college reliever F-

- Zach Duke for Tilson (was this 15 or 16?), poor strategy of going after Old AAAA players with playing time - D

- either this was Duke or I don’t remember. Starting to feel like 2016 was Duke.

- Sell - Q deal A+++
- Sell - Frazier/Kahnle/Robertson  - D , kahnle was good, almost got luzardo with Robertson alone

Hodgepodge of years

- Soria for Cordell - F, hate the trading for 25 year old injured players strategy

- MiGo for Ti’Quan Forbes - B+, I’m Forbes biggest backer, migo was nothing, went young, May pay off? I thought Forbes would bet us a MRP

- The AJ Puckett deal - can’t even remember who we sold for this guy but right idea, I liked both 

2020 - Buy year!

Nada

Sox had reasonable activity, but just haven’t been buyers under Hahn save for last year. So, go impress us?

Hahn had a deal to send Samardzija out of town for a player (then prospect) we all know of. Did not get approval from above. They wanted to go for it with the Sox 7 games back of the wildcard with 6 teams ahead of them. 

16 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Hahn had a deal to send Samardzija out of town for a player (then prospect) we all know of. Did not get approval from above. They wanted to go for it with the Sox 7 games back of the wildcard with 6 teams ahead of them. 

Who is the player?  I remember hearing about this back in the day, but don’t recall if the player ever leaked out.

54 minutes ago, bmags said:

2013:

- Sell - Q deal A+++

Hodgepodge of years

2020 - Buy year!

Nada

Puckett and some other dude that never pitched were acquired for Melky.

Also, on that Peavy trade, we also got Frankie Montas and JB Wendelken.  That trade was way better than some people remember, but obviously we traded those additional two pieces for Frazier & Lawrie in the greatest half-assed “all-in” effort in White Sox history.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Also, on that Peavy trade, we also got Frankie Montas and JB Wendelken.  That trade was way better than some people remember, but obviously we traded those additional two pieces for Frazier & Lawrie in the greatest half-assed “all-in” effort in White Sox history.

That turned out to be a pretty good trade. For Oakland.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

All things considered, Hahn's gotta be one of the better GM's at trading his star players.

Now, the inverse, that scares me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh yeah, that trades an A for sure them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How did Puckett end up in the Braves system?  Minor league phase of rule 5?  He's having a nice season. 

49 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Assuming this was a legit player now with the way you say it.. :(

3 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Assuming this was a legit player now with the way you say it.. :(

Considering it took Semien to get Samardzija you would think so but I guess its a mystery that requires a DM for anyone to know even though it was 6 years ago. Had to be to a contender so if we are looking at the 2015 standings , Cardinals, Pirates , Cubs, Mets, Dodgers, Rangers, Astro's, Blue Jays, Yankees . Not counting the Royals . Urias of the Dodgers probably ranked too high . Same for Syndergaard, Bryant, Correa, Corey Seager, . Gallo , Pederson, Glasnow, Taillon, Judge, Marco Gonzales, Josh Bell, Aaron Nola. Of course lots of guys from the bottom 50 of the top 100 who never turned out very well.