White Sox/Rox talking Story

maxjusttyped

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I still don't get the infatuation with Story. I'd rather have Escobar. He could have been had for a Micker Adolfo type of prospect and it looks like we straight up passed on it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

I’d probably prefer Escobar. He’s been better in 21, he bats left handed, is actually a 2B and he’d come cheaper. But Story would be far better than Leury. 

Seriously, I’m a big fan of Story’s career moving forward, but for the next two months?

The guy looks lost right now.

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Seriously, I’m a big fan of Story’s career moving forward, but for the next two months?

The guy looks lost right now.

Yeah….just doesn’t seem like he’s in a position to be his normal self. Plus how’s the hand? That looked bad. 

The cost for Escobar will almost certainly be cheaper, and he's been a better player than Story so far in '21.

But if the Sox prefer Story and want to bet on his track record/upside, fair enough. But they better land him if that's the case because Escobar just went for a nothing return and he would have been a massive addition to this team.

• Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

But escobars medical!

I didn't know what to make of it because the article may have just been other executives sensing an opportunity to lower his value, but the whispers about Story having an injury are definitely concerning

"

Rockies shortstop Trevor Story is one of the biggest names on the trade market, but mostly by reputation. Story, 28, is in the middle of his worst offensive season, and some baseball people are alarmed by his poor throwing.

“His throws look off and have all year,” one rival executive said.

Statcast numbers support the executive’s observation. The average velocity on the top 10 percent of Story’s throws is 78.1 mph, down from 80.4 last season and an average of 85.4 the four previous years. More traditional numbers also point to a decline: Story has made six throwing errors, one short of his career-high."

https://theathletic.com/2732480/2021/07/27/rosenthal-trevor-story-max-scherzer-mlb-trade-deadline/

well his throws from SS to 1B aren't going to be a problem if he's playing 2b, but dude has never played there supposedly, I preferred Escobar 

looking at Javy Baez, wow .289 OBP but 22 bombs, story just looks like straight dog shit

Edited by joesaiditstrue