White Sox/Rox talking Story

maxjusttyped

Just now, hogan873 said:

Would the Sox take on Blackmon to reduce the prospect cost?

Ope...never mind.  I see he’s signed through 2022 for A LOT.

German Marquez is who I like best from Colorado, they got him for a great contract. Too bad for him, they have nothing else to build around.

May as well burn down the mission there, send Story, Blackmon and Gray to the Dodgers, they are the only team not bothered by the absurd "luxury" tax.

29 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Interesting timing g that the Sox put this "Story" out there after the EE news broke. Hmmmm.

Definitely not a coincidence as the FO knows for a fact what the fan reaction would be to this Escobar news.  Turn to mouthpiece Bob to leak the possibility of Story within 5 minutes of the Escobar story coming out.

• Like 1
  • Fire 2

Leury hit an unsustainable tremendous since Madrigal went down. Mendick can't hit at all. They are really going to regret not filling that hole if they pass.

One can hope the reason Escobar isn't a White Sox is because someone better is coming.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Leury hit an unsustainable tremendous since Madrigal went down. Mendick can't hit at all. They are really going to regret not filling that hole if they pass.

agreed, there are still a lot of upgrades out there in Schoop, C. Hernandez, etc.

4 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Here’s that possible strategy I was talking about. Lol

Letting Escobar go for nothing on the chance you might get a guy who can be better but has major concerns right now:

Great example of letting perfect be the enemy if the good.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

One can hope the reason Escobar isn't a White Sox is because someone better is coming.

Given the Escobar cost, it would be an absolute no-brainer to snag him.  At that price, and needing a 2B, it would be a fireable offense for Hahn not to replace Leury/Mendick with a MLB 2B.  I take the Escobar deal as good news, because it means the Sox are definitely aiming higher (especially if you believe Story can get back on track).  Semien, Schoop, and "it'll never happen" Trea Turner still out there.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Letting Escobar go for nothing on the chance you might get a guy who can be better but has major concerns right now:

Great example of letting perfect be the enemy if the good.

It’s only Wednesday. There’s plenty of 2nd basemen out there on the market. 

14 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

The optimist in me believes that has to be the case, but until it happens the fear of Leury striking out in a big situation to end our playoff run looms large.

5 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

You got me there but there’s still Schoop, Story and Báez still available. Just sayin.

Yup. And letting a fine player go to Milwaukee for nothing just in case you get that done = passing on a good deal to hope for a perfect one.

12 minutes ago, mmmmmbeeer said:

Given the Escobar cost, it would be an absolute no-brainer to snag him.  At that price, and needing a 2B, it would be a fireable offense for Hahn not to replace Leury/Mendick with a MLB 2B.  I take the Escobar deal as good news, because it means the Sox are definitely aiming higher (especially if you believe Story can get back on track).  Semien, Schoop, and "it'll never happen" Trea Turner still out there.

100% agree that’s what this should mean