White Sox/Rox talking Story

maxjusttyped

Just now, maxjusttyped said:

I'd be much more concerned about his 82 wRC+ this season than how his defense will translate to 2b.

His offense is 100% my concern! He’s a great offensive player in a shit year, but we only care about this year.

But yeah, he could straight up hit 12 homers in August too, so I get it. 

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

One simple reason: When he get's hot...he can carry a team in a big way. Catch lightning in a bottle in October and he has the star power to pull that off. I don't love the move, but I can see the thinking by Hahn, especially if they had Escobar health concerns. 

I think the Sox have a number of those hitters....Abreu-Eloy-Robert-Anderson-Moncada all sort of fit that same description. I'm not saying one more wouldn't help.....but unless the Sox are planning on making 3 or 4 additions in the next few days, I just don't know if Story should be "the move" 

I think it's a little too much flash where a mix of Escobar and 2 bullpen arms might cost the same as Story does, and I think it could help a lot more. 

1 minute ago, bmags said:

His offense is 100% my concern! He’s a great offensive player in a shit year, but we only care about this year.

I'd rather he saved up and hit those Homers in October if we get him.

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

No doubt. I'm upset/concerned about not landing Escobar, but at this point, if they land Story I'll be thrilled. He's a much higher upside player anyways.

1 minute ago, Tony said:

I think the Sox have a number of those hitters....Abreu-Eloy-Robert-Anderson-Moncada all sort of fit that same description. I'm not saying one more wouldn't help.....but unless the Sox are planning on making 3 or 4 additions in the next few days, I just don't know if Story should be "the move" 

I think it's a little too much flash where a mix of Escobar and 2 bullpen arms might cost the same as Story does, and I think it could help a lot more. 

Those 2 bullpen arms and the return of Eloy, Robert and Grandal might be enough.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

I just don't know if Story should be "the move" 

I agree 100%. I actually still want Semien as first option and wanted Escobar 2nd. So if Semien can't happen...i think Story could be the meh consolation, with incredible upside potential. I will still take it over Mendick/Leury. 

Edited by EloyJenkins

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

I agree 100%. I actually still want Semien as first option and wanted Escobar 2nd. So if Semien can't happen...i think Story could be the meh consolation, which incredible upside potential. I will still take it over Mendick/Leury. 

I wonder if Semien is even available. Are they selling?

2 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

I agree 100%. I actually still want Semien as first option and wanted Escobar 2nd. So if Semien can't happen...i think Story could be the meh consolation, which incredible upside potential. I will still take it over Mendick/Leury. 

Yankees loading up could be good there. Still think it would be a tough major league swap like heuer for semien

Just now, ron883 said:

So the espn announcers on Sunday mentioned it. It was the first any of us had heard something like that, but, it spoke it into existence so

Just now, bmags said:

So the espn announcers on Sunday mentioned it. It was the first any of us had heard something like that, but, it spoke it into existence so

That's right... I remember them saying at. ESPN announcers are no more credible than not steve Cishek.

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Not yet...but Semien is a FA and they can resign him...they are 10.5 back in division and 4.5 back in WC with Tampa Bay and Athletics near certain locks with the moves they made and Yankees and Mariners both ahead of them and making moves. Just not their year...they could get a nice piece from the sox and plan on 2022. it would take some aggression by Hahn though, so probably not happening. 

5 minutes ago, ron883 said:

That's right... I remember them saying at. ESPN announcers are no more credible than not steve Cishek.

Honestly, it means the Yankees inquired or something like it. AL EAST rumor makes it more credible.

29 minutes ago, Tony said:

I still just don't see the fit with Story

1. Right-handed bat, hits LHP much better than RHP

2. They are going to ask him to play a new position 

3. He's a .243 hitter outside of Coors

4. He's not having a stellar 2021

I don't even count him being an FA after the season as a negative....but again I just don't know if he's the right fit for this team, especially given what I think will be somewhat of an inflated cost because of his name. 

I agree - if I had to use a chip it is on a reliever or someone I have control over. Otherwise I’ll make some small stuff with some warm bodies that I don’t see in franchise future - but that is it. But I am way on my own island with this and think club can absolutely win with Leaury at 2b. 

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

He was very vocal about wanting out of Colorado when Arenado was dealt. I bet he rakes once he is traded

I feel the same way. Hitting is very contagious and very mental. Joining a winning team with hitters around you in the lineup has to help. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

I love the idea of trading for Story because you'd be trading with the Rockies and they haven't won a deal in the history of this regime.

Rox last good trade was getting Lemehieu from Cubs for Ian Stewart.