Gallo to NYY

southsider2k5

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Wow Schmidt isn't part of the deal. This is just a boatload of prospects with none of them really blue chip prospects. Yankees did good, unfortunately. 

All my guys are gone I think, Gallo, Escobar, Graveman ,Yimi Garcia, Chafin are all guys I mentioned a couple of weeks ago.  S.Marte not done yet I guess but looking likely.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I don’t see why we couldn’t have pulled off something like this if we wanted to.

Yankees didn't give up any of their top prospects. This deal definitely feels beatable, even with our terrible system. 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

It definitely seems beatable, but would have likely gutted our system.

Imagine if I told you yesterday the white Sox were going to get Escobar and Gallo without giving up Kelley or anyone on the hit league roster (no Robert either just to avoid that loophole). Wouldn’t you be in? For almost whatever it takes?

• Like 1

Just now, Balta1701 said:

Imagine if I told you yesterday the white Sox were going to get Escobar and Gallo without giving up Kelley or anyone on the hit league roster (no Robert either just to avoid that loophole). Wouldn’t you be in? For almost whatever it takes?

I mean, we could have probably gotten Escobar straight up for Konner Pilkington, so yes I’d be cool what reasonable price he would have cost us.

I could be way off here, but would you trade Stiever, Ramos, Rodriguez, Thompson, Dalquist, & Sosa for Gallo?  We’d practically have nothing left in the system after that.

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I mean, we could have probably gotten Escobar straight up for Konner Pilkington, so yes I’d be cool what reasonable price he would have cost us.

I could be way off here, but would you trade Stiever, Ramos, Rodriguez, Thompson, Dalquist, & Sosa for Gallo?  We’d practically have nothing left in the system after that.

Yes. I have to sign a 5th starter next year and find a reliever and my dominant roster is set for 2 years.

28 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Even Add Kelley and I’m fine with it.  

I would not make this deal. It is an interesting haul, but we don’t know these guys, and our system is worse. 

The odds of our proposed prospects combined become a Gallo are slim to none.

But Gallo is also a decent chunk of change next year, which you can use to sign someone else. And these prospects you can use to fill other holes.

But “all I need is one pitcher” sounds good except what if you have more than one pitching injury…are you trading for a Tyler Anderson to save your Gallo season?

Gallo doesnt hit that Rex grossman fuck it I’m going deep threshold, not when we have Vaughn for playing outfield now.

The package from the Yankees side is a no brainer, they max out their intl budget, they always bring in a ton of guys. 

The Sox draft and intl strategy the last two to three years was not made for a deal like  this. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bmags said:

I would not make this deal. It is an interesting haul, but we don’t know these guys, and our system is worse. 

The odds of our proposed prospects combined become a Gallo are slim to none.

But Gallo is also a decent chunk of change next year, which you can use to sign someone else. And these prospects you can use to fill other holes.

But “all I need is one pitcher” sounds good except what if you have more than one pitching injury…are you trading for a Tyler Anderson to save your Gallo season?

Gallo doesnt hit that Rex grossman fuck it I’m going deep threshold, not when we have Vaughn for playing outfield now.

The package from the Yankees side is a no brainer, they max out their intl budget, they always bring in a ton of guys. 

The Sox draft and intl strategy the last two to three years was not made for a deal like  this. 

100% agree