Eloy's Groin Injury Thread

South Side Hit Men

5 minutes ago, chw42 said:

I looked back at his 3rd AB yesterday. He swung and missed the first pitch and something seemed to bother him. He was kind of stretching his leg after the swing. Then he lined out to first and hobbled down the line with his bat in his hand. I'm thinking he may have tweaked it in his 1st AB when he ran down the line hard on a grounder to SS. 

Rewatching it now, he either pulls up lame or takes a stutter step running to 1st on his first AB, hard to tell because the camera doesn't show him running up the line.  Second AB he's grimacing and flexing his groin after his first swing pretty badly and looks uncomfortable the rest of the AB then grimaces as he walks off the field.  3rd AB he's standing up taller and not doing as drastic a left leg turn than his normal stance.  Color me concerned. 

2 minutes ago, JoeCredeYes said:

Rewatching it now, he either pulls up lame or takes a stutter step running to 1st on his first AB, hard to tell because the camera doesn't show him running up the line.  Second AB he's grimacing and flexing his groin after his first swing pretty badly and looks uncomfortable the rest of the AB then grimaces as he walks off the field.  3rd AB he's standing up taller and not doing as drastic a left leg turn than his normal stance.  Color me concerned. 

Yup the 2nd AB did look a little off. He fouled off a couple of pitches right down the middle. If his groin was bothering him, that could explain why. 

8 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Yup the 2nd AB did look a little off. He fouled off a couple of pitches right down the middle. If his groin was bothering him, that could explain why. 

Yeah I pray it's just a little tweak, he makes this lineup so much more difficult to deal with, we need his big goofy ass. 

1 hour ago, SonofaRoache said:

Jimenez, Moncada, Madrigal, etc. Just can't stay healthy. 

TA has been in the IL 3 straight years with a hamstring injury. Moncada has played in more games than him in each of the last 3 years.

Abreu and Vaughn right now are the only core position players who don't have some durability concerns going into next season.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Stinky Stanky said:

He's been running and moving since February, since his IL time was upper body related.

They would have limited his running in the early phases of rehab as you can't run without moving your arm unless you want to cause other issues.

Game situations are much more intense efforts and require different awkward moves than just straight running.

22 hours ago, maxjusttyped said:

TA has been in the IL 3 straight years with a hamstring injury. Moncada has played in more games than him in each of the last 3 years.

Abreu and Vaughn right now are the only core position players who don't have some durability concerns going into next season.

With Abreu, it’s more about the aging curve at this point… 

18 minutes ago, ShoeLessRob said:

Only took what, two games? Banking on this guy to be in the heart of the order for 140+ games in a season seems like such a roll of the dice. 

I would say that they moved him quite quickly through his rehab stint, only played 12 minor league games, so some of this could be on whoever made the decision to call him up and have him at full speed so quickly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

I would say that they moved him quite quickly through his rehab stint, only played 12 minor league games, so some of this could be on whoever made the decision to call him up and have him at full speed so quickly.

Yeah, I'm thinking his conditioning wasnt up to par when he came up, he should've been working out a little after a game then taking a game off, needed him to hit the treadmill or something in the minors to get him to middle of the season games speed

12 minutes ago, TheBlackSox8 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking his conditioning wasnt up to par when he came up, he should've been working out a little after a game then taking a game off, needed him to hit the treadmill or something in the minors to get him to middle of the season games speed

His physical conditioning actually looked good, he was moving around quite well on the broadcast so he was clearly in shape. I think much more he had to get some time on a baseball field to get into "baseball shape" to avoid exactly these type of injuries from baseball moves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 7:11 PM, maxjusttyped said:

3 hours ago, Balta1701 said:

His physical conditioning actually looked good, he was moving around quite well on the broadcast so he was clearly in shape. I think much more he had to get some time on a baseball field to get into "baseball shape" to avoid exactly these type of injuries from baseball moves.

Shouldn’t the Sox review our strength and conditioning programs with emphasis on pre game stretching?  We have too many injuries as a whole.