Eloy's Groin Injury Thread

South Side Hit Men

6 minutes ago, Sambuca said:

I would assume the Sox are taking the most conservative approach right now.  No reason to play with fire in their position.  

I agree with this. But this team better learn how to win on the road because being conservative might cost us HFA. We are the only true AL contender that sucks on the road. 

7 hours ago, SonofaRoache said:

I agree with this. But this team better learn how to win on the road because being conservative might cost us HFA. We are the only true AL contender that sucks on the road. 

I’m being optimistic about their troubles on the road and hoping it’s just a fluke and is not an issue in the playoffs.

25 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

He's only going to get into baseball shape by playing MLB baseball but yea, don't be fucking sprinting balls to the wall all the time for a few weeks.

I would like to see Eloy just give Manny effort in the outfield.  His bat in the lineup every day is more valuable than any diving catch he could make. 

10 minutes ago, Leonard Zelig said:

I would like to see Eloy just give Manny effort in the outfield.  His bat in the lineup every day is more valuable than any diving catch he could make. 

I am more than OK with him erring on the side of lazy versus overly aggressive.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 1:56 PM, southsider2k5 said:

This morning Ozzie said he completely reversed his opinion about Eloy not playing left field. Says that Eloy just looks bad at the plate as a DH, his head just will not accept being a DH. So Ozzie now says Eloy should play left field to get the most out of Eloy at the plate. Pretty hairy issue. Going forward, this a rough problem to solve if Eloy must play left field. Anyway Ozzie suggested a way out is just to DH Abreu and put Vaughn at first.  He didn’t like Vaughn as a DH or in right field either. And Abreu needs rest.

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 1

On 8/3/2021 at 2:49 PM, SoxBlanco said:

I honestly believe that’s why Yoan and Timmy look like they’re dogging it to first  sometimes, and I’m completely fine with it. 

Oh for sure, I especially notice it with Yoan and feel like he has a tacit agreement with TLR to take it easy down the line if it's not going to be close.  

1 hour ago, Chick Mercedes said:

This morning Ozzie said he completely reversed his opinion about Eloy not playing left field. Says that Eloy just looks bad at the plate as a DH, his head just will not accept being a DH. So Ozzie now says Eloy should play left field to get the most out of Eloy at the plate. Pretty hairy issue. Going forward, this a rough problem to solve if Eloy must play left field. Anyway Ozzie suggested a way out is just to DH Abreu and put Vaughn at first.  He didn’t like Vaughn as a DH or in right field either. And Abreu needs rest.

Again,  how did he look from March until July. 

• Haha 1