7/29/21 White Sox @ Royals @1:10

wegner

1 minute ago, fathom said:

You mean like everyone expressing concern about how many innings he was on pace to throw?  This is a big reason many wanted Kopech to get some starts.

Yes, but the Sox needs him to pitch the 8th with a four run lead. Win today, Kopech can start when/if Tony ever leaves.

2 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

For all you whiners - this lineup is adding 3 guys with legit 30 HR power (some even more) + a guy on pace for 20+ homers in Hernandez.  Yeah - lets worry about the last week where the team that has been playing down half of its starting lineup finally hit a small slump.  And lets not even forget the fact that getting those bats back in the lineup will strengthen the depth of the team and make its other top players better (i.e., Anderson/Moncada/Abreu get protection/less pressure on them).  

Everyone on here really unerestimates how much talent this team will get back over next few weeks (Eloy here; Hernandez here tomorrow (not on same par as others), Robert (soon), Grandall (sooner).  

August is a tough schedule and people are going to absolutely meltdown around here when they lose games to good teams. 

3 minutes ago, hi8is said:

The bigger concern should be our sp arms getting tired considering last years low usage and past injuries.

That's my only concern right now...I think Rodon needs to have an "injury" and take a few weeks off.

4 minutes ago, hi8is said:

The bigger concern should be our sp arms getting tired considering last years low usage and past injuries.

This - it is why I have said if I were to make moves - I would be adding an arm - I would go for Scherzer or something like that vs. anything else (if I was going to use legit resources) - because I doubt whether Rodon (who I am one of the biggest fans of on this entire board) - can possibly maintain that workload. It would be nice - just can't bank on it.  That said I still think this team is as well positioned as anyone in baseball to win the series.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

This - it is why I have said if I were to make moves - I would be adding an arm - I would go for Scherzer or something like that vs. anything else (if I was going to use legit resources) - because I doubt whether Rodon (who I am one of the biggest fans of on this entire board) - can possibly maintain that workload. It would be nice - just can't bank on it.  That said I still think this team is as well positioned as anyone in baseball to win the series.  

Yup.

At least we just got Kris flipping Bryant!!!

Yoan strikes out with a man on 2nd........................That OPS/batting av./all the other fancy stats are going to take a hit for him for his runners in scoring position.

It's cool......he just doesn't get enough opportunities with men in scoring position.  

44 RBI's stay at 44

Edited by 2Deep
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Kyyle23 locked and unpinned this topic