Cesar Hernandez traded to White Sox, Konnor Pilkington to CLE

KrankinSox

Just now, HOFHurt35 said:

So underwhelming, but not shocked.  

This is what Ricardo Hahn does best. 

I'm just glad they did something. Hernandez isn't a big name, but he's still a productive player that at least hits good pitching way better than Garcia. We really couldn't afford to have Leury's bat going into the playoffs at 2B full-time. 

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Also of note is his has a team option for $6 million next year.

Looks like he has played some SS and 3B in the past, plus some OF a long time ago.

Maybe we are looking at Leury's replacement?

So we're still looking for a 2B then? 

• Fire 1

1 minute ago, BigHurt3515 said:

.231 isn't exactly great and is OBP is barely above .300

He has been better of late

He's been a victim of some bad BABIP luck, but his power has kind of made up for it this year. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Strange the Indians would trade to help the White Sox. He's a poor man's Escobar, not ideal, but he'll do.  Can't spend $1 when all you have is $0.50.

They dump salary and open up a spot for Gimenez. I'm sure on the surface this looks like them surrendering, but I don't think it is. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Strange the Indians would trade to help the White Sox. He's a poor man's Escobar, not ideal, but he'll do.  Can't spend $1 when all you have is $0.50.

Probably more of a concession that they know this season isn't for them 

Just now, Rowand44 said:

I’m fine with this.  He’s an average starting 2b and as much as I’d love a big fish I really don’t think we have the trade assets to pull that off.  Go get a few arms and go from there.

It doesn't sound like the big fishes are costing premier prospects at the moment.   It probably comes down to how much salary to take on, and that's usually game over for us. 

Interesting that this guy has gone from a high average/low power hitter to already having a career high in HR with trash average in this dead ball year

He will make the bottom of the line up more potent though with his power numbers, this is basically Escobar

Edited by FLsoxfan
  • Like 1

Just now, Joshua Strong said:

I was hoping for more of a OBP guy but this should help get the job done.

We have enough guys who get on base. We're 2nd in baseball in OBP. What we need is guys who can give us pop and surprisingly, Hernandez has done that this year. He has as many homers as Abreu. 

• bmags pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic