Jump to content
KrankinSox

Cesar Hernandez traded to White Sox, Konnor Pilkington to CLE

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, wegner said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to care about home field advantage...this team does play better at home.  I know they will not catch Tampa but the #2 seed would be nice.

Goes back to the same question. What's more important HFA or a healthy team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ScooterMcGee said:

It's not a secret the Sox play so much better on the south side. Would be nice if Houston started slumping...but unfortunately the teams they're playing right now and to come aren't exactly world beaters.

Oakland and Tampa are pretty good teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man can this team can look bad.

 

The trade for Ceasar looks terrible and the Kimbrell trade stinks to high heaven. Great Job Hahn

 

Oh-- and we could have traded Kopech for a kings ransom but instead are now stuck with a guy that has a 3.90 ERA but oh boy he can throw fast.

 

First round exit here we come.

 

 

Edited by DannyWright
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ptatc said:

I took it as if they don't have a good playoff run people will remember August and September and say it was a bad season.

Well...that's not what I was thinking but it's probably true. If the Sox blow it and Kimbrel/Cesar perform poorly, people will remember their entire 3 months here and blame Hahn for making those trades (moreso for Kimbrel probably)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ptatc said:

Oakland and Tampa are pretty good teams.

Tampa, yes. Oakland...eh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ScooterMcGee said:

Well...that's not what I was thinking but it's probably true. If the Sox blow it and Kimbrel/Cesar perform poorly, people will remember their entire 3 months here and blame Hahn for making those trades (moreso for Kimbrel probably)

Being in the Sox FO is like being a parent. No matter what you do, it isn't right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Sox are a year away from being a World Series contender. Not this year but quite possibly next year. You have to remember we are only in year two of the competitive stage. You may say that we are in year one but we still made it to the playoffs last year. With some FA acquisitions or trades during the offseason, we can get over the hill and win a WS. Going to the playoffs in back to back years has never happened here before so enjoy the ride!

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Man can this team can look bad.

 

The trade for Ceasar looks terrible and the Kimbrell trade stinks to high heaven. Great Job Hahn

 

Oh-- and we could have traded Kopech for a kings ransom but instead are now stuck with a guy that has a 3.90 ERA but oh boy he can throw fast.

 

First round exit here we come.

 

 

Honestly they should just concede the rest of the schedule

  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

Man can this team can look bad.

 

The trade for Ceasar looks terrible and the Kimbrell trade stinks to high heaven. Great Job Hahn

 

Oh-- and we could have traded Kopech for a kings ransom but instead are now stuck with a guy that has a 3.90 ERA but oh boy he can throw fast.

 

First round exit here we come.

 

 

Dupe account. Ban. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Hahn would sign Javy Baez and put him at 2nd base next year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Goes back to the same question. What's more important HFA or a healthy team.

But here is an interesting question going to that....isn't Grandal playing an awful lot for a team only really looking to be healthy for the postseason at this point?  If you are only looking at health, he should probably get some more time off.  Or is LaRussa deferring to his desire to play most every day like Jose? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Honestly they should just concede the rest of the schedule

I would. The schedule is too long as it is.

 

Edited by DannyWright
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DannyWright said:

Man can this team can look bad.

 

The trade for Ceasar looks terrible and the Kimbrell trade stinks to high heaven. Great Job Hahn

 

Oh-- and we could have traded Kopech for a kings ransom but instead are now stuck with a guy that has a 3.90 ERA but oh boy he can throw fast.

 

First round exit here we come.

 

 

Regarding Kopech - lol what?

I agree the Kimbrel trade sucks but it wasn’t made for August or September. It was made for October and hopefully he’s figured it out by then. 

Cesar has sucked but he’s a fine stopgap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DannyWright said:

Man can this team can look bad.

 

The trade for Ceasar looks terrible and the Kimbrell trade stinks to high heaven. Great Job Hahn

 

Oh-- and we could have traded Kopech for a kings ransom but instead are now stuck with a guy that has a 3.90 ERA but oh boy he can throw fast.

 

First round exit here we come.

 

 

I love the parody accounts on this site. Its a nice break from the serious and logical analysis.

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, wegner said:

But here is an interesting question going to that....isn't Grandal playing an awful lot for a team only really looking to be healthy for the postseason at this point?  If you are only looking at health, he should probably get some more time off.  Or is LaRussa deferring to his desire to play most every day like Jose? 

True. He had about 7 weeks off due to the surgery so he should not have some of the issues that some players who have played the whole season though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, RibbieRubarb said:

I love the parody accounts on this site. Its a nice break from the serious and logical analysis.

I bring you facts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ptatc said:

True. He had about 7 weeks off due to the surgery so he should not have some of the issues that some players who have played the whole season though.

Very good point.  Do you think they probably should be more careful with him though?  His health may be the key....the offense is so much better with him in the lineup....in addition to his excellent framing skills...we need him for the playoffs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DannyWright said:

I bring you facts

You can't just declare the word "facts" and expect anything to happen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maloney.adam said:

The Sox are a year away from being a World Series contender. Not this year but quite possibly next year. You have to remember we are only in year two of the competitive stage. You may say that we are in year one but we still made it to the playoffs last year. With some FA acquisitions or trades during the offseason, we can get over the hill and win a WS. Going to the playoffs in back to back years has never happened here before so enjoy the ride!

Vegas disagrees. +700 and the top AL team in regards to world series odds. regular season doesn't really matter and as frustrating as Kimbrel has been....if he figures it out in October the deal was worth it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wegner said:

Very good point.  Do you think they probably should be more careful with him though?  His health may be the key....the offense is so much better with him in the lineup....in addition to his excellent framing skills...we need him for the playoffs.

All depends on how that muscle  feels. It's such a non-functional muscle that I don't think he really needs rest for that injury. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pilkington continues to do well in AA.  Have no idea why he is not on their prospect list. Tribe's #1 Prospect is a second baseman, so this was a great trade for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DannyWright said:

I bring you facts

"facts" carried on a fly-infested shovel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Squirmin' for Yermin said:

Luckily, most of them are scrubs.

Blessed are the scrubs, for they shall inherit a lot of money.

Hahn 9:01

4 hours ago, ptatc said:

Isn't that the purpose of a rebuild. Build a young, talented core then supplement with veteran FA?

They have a heavy commitment beyond the core at this point for players in their early to mid 30s, not even counting the Kimbrel and Hernandez options. They also traded away a few solid cost control pitchers and players since December.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×