White Sox acquire Tepera, Bailey Horn to Cubs

KrankinSox

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

No need to troll.  No one said rental. 

Firstly, this board was enmasse ready to trade him for a rental. If that mentality has changed, then good to be with y’all finally. The namecalling, whatever man. Enjoy what Hahn as done for us not overpaying like everyone wanted him to. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wegner said:

I truly no nothing about Tepera since I rarely watch a Cubs game...are we looking at an 8th inning guy, 7th inning?

I watch a decent amount of Cubs game and I never heard of this guy before a couple days ago.  It's impossible to keep up with the gazillion relievers teams run out these days.  I just hope he works fast and throws strikes.  

2 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I watch a decent amount of Cubs game and I never heard of this guy before a couple days ago.  It's impossible to keep up with the gazillion relievers teams run out these days.  I just hope he works fast and throws strikes.  

Yeah. I looked at his player page yesterday for the first time. He’s had a good 12 months. He’ll be ok.

Edited by flavum

1 minute ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I also hope he is better than the last ex Cubbie reliever we got....ugghhh....but then again maybe we will get a notRyanTepera out of it. 

4 minutes ago, smellysox said:

Long term big picture - I don't see a position for Burger to play at on this club. And trust me I'm a big fan.  But we have a 3rd baseman. We have Plenty of dh/corner outfielders. He's definitely a trade chip.

I don’t mind that tbh. The point is to get real value for a very good prospect. He was seriously undervalued around here this week. If they somehow turned him into some team’s top 10 outfielder, I won’t be mad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Portillos and NotSteve reporting they’re paying the entire contract.

I would hope so, and they should throw in a reliever while they are at it...I hear that Tepera guy is having a good year.

6 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Firstly, this board was enmasse ready to trade him for a rental. If that mentality has changed, then good to be with y’all finally. The namecalling, whatever man. Enjoy what Hahn as done for us not overpaying like everyone wanted him to. 

"They" were never going to, and none of this discussion has been about a rental.  It would be nice if there weren't generic labels of trying to paint the entire board here.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Chick Mercedes said:

Who was suggesting to deal Burger for a rental?

He's a trade chip for sure, but much more likely in an offseason deal for a player that could help them in 2022 and beyond.

• bmags pinned this topic
  • bmags unpinned this topic