White Sox acquire Tepera, Bailey Horn to Cubs

KrankinSox

Just now, chw42 said:

It feels like half of the Cubs are anti-vax. I think only Bryant and Baez are guys on the block who are vaccinated. 

well, at least 16% of them are for sure. they have never reached that 85% threshold. If you are a pro athlete and will take supplements to help heal or take a doctors advice to rehab an injury...but won't take a common courtesy shot to stop a pandemic....seriously, go fuck yourself. I will destroy Tepera every game thread chance I get. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Honest question: Who is on the hook for Tepera's incentives, the Cubs or Sox? 

Want the answer more so for Dallas Keuchel or other future acquisitions/trades.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/07/cubs-trade-ryan-tepera-white-sox.html

• Already earned $1.1M this season.
  • He will get $50K more after spending his 120th day on the active roster.
  • He will get $100K more after two more games (reaching game #45).
  • He will get $150K after reaching games 50 (7 more games) and 55 (12 more games).
  • He will get $200k if he reaches 60 games (17 more games).

5 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

well, at least 16% of them are for sure. they have never reached that 85% threshold. If you are a pro athlete and will take supplements to help heal or take a doctors advice to rehab an injury...but won't take a common courtesy shot to stop a pandemic....seriously, go fuck yourself. I will destroy Tepera every game thread chance I get. 

**Tepera blows lead

EloyJenkins: "that's what you get you unvaccinated asshole". 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

I know it's not the greatest movie, but at this time of year I find myself feeling like the guy on the other end of the phone with Brad Pitt when he is wheeling and dealing..."hey I like Horn"..."You don't even know who he is."

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Apparently Tepera is very anti-vax, from what I've heard from Cubs fans. So I guess vaccination records aren't that important to the Sox. 

Good grief. If he sucks fans should pelt him with hypodermic needles. But seriously, the Sox have a good vibe in the dugout. Hate to think he’s that dick that the team is gonna have to deal with. Eh…out in the bullpen. 

Edited by Chick Mercedes
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

**Tepera blows lead

EloyJenkins: "that's what you get you unvaccinated asshole". 

We already lost our Covid thread due to politics…in the middle of an interminable worldwide pandemic, lol.  Why not every other game thread?  

I see a warning “sticky” coming from mods.  TLR debates have spilled over into 75% of game threads as it is.

• Like 1
  • Fire 1

23 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We already lost our Covid thread due to politics…in the middle of an interminable worldwide pandemic, lol.  Why not every other game thread?  

I see a warning “sticky” coming from mods.  TLR debates have spilled over into 75% of game threads as it is.

I feel that. At the same time, vaccination is a baseball topic as well. In all sports now. 

• Like 2

• bmags pinned this topic

The politics road has been gone down, etc in that other thread.

It's noteworthy because it does lead to higher risk both for him and from our end both health wise and in terms of availability. 

Ideally, it's a non issue. We've been pretty lucky with it this year, and you never know, if it is true, maybe being in a playoff race will factor into his thinking. Everyone's motivations and hesitancies are different.

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

It feels like half of the Cubs are anti-vax. I think only Bryant and Baez are guys on the block who are vaccinated. 

They all fell for that doofus eric sogard and his dumb ass wife's anti vax classes. They're both very outspoken about the dangers of vaccines because they're both braindead.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Like 2

• bmags unpinned this topic