White Sox Acquire Kyle Crick

South Side Hit Men

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pirates/2021/07/30/pittsburgh-pirates-mlb-trade-deadline-rumors-deals-phillies-Braeden-Ogle/stories/202107300118

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

The White Sox have signed reliever Kyle Crick to a minor league deal, reports Jason Mackey of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

Crick, 28, posted a 4.44 ERA, 19.6 K% and 17.8 BB% in 24 1/3 innings this year, though he was able to avoid allowing any home runs.  Crick worked at 92.6 miles per hour this year, up from 2020, but well down from his 95-96 days of 2017-19.  The Pirates designated Crick for assignment and ultimately released him earlier this month.

Edited by South Side Hit Men

5 minutes ago, Moncada said:

He was so bad Pitt cut him.  Why do we want someone that couldn't pitch on one of the worst teams in baseball.  

We also got Goodwin from the Pirates after he was cut. We just like picking up their DFA'd players.

10 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

What if I told you the Sox picked the Pirates pockets

My buddy is a rabid Dodgers fan and he said he wanted this guy and sent me a message saying we probably found a good one that can help us. I think he may be insane.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tray said:

OK. Whatever. I'm kinda sick of all the one-upmanship here  and the need to get the last word in. Well go ahead.

Isn't that what you're doing here... before I just responded to point it out. 😆

• Like 1

When I saw Crick was released I thought to myself this is the type of guy they should go after but they never do.

Crick has good shit and has performed well in the not too distant past.  Relievers are volitile. One small adjustment and he could be a guy that catches fire for a couple months.  This is the type of no risk move they need to make often.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

When I saw Crick was released I thought to myself this is the type of guy they should go after but they never do.

Crick has good shit and has performed well in the not too distant past.  Relievers are volitile. One small adjustment and he could be a guy that catches fire for a couple months.  This is the type of no risk move they need to make often.  

Yep. You collect talent and see what happens. 

1 hour ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I’m happy with it. No risk, possible reward. He was a 1st rounder and was solid a few years ago.

Many pitchers leave Pirates and vastly improve with additional coaching. Hoping Katz can turn him into a bullpen piece this year or next (should be a low cost arb piece if he can show improvement this year).