Sox Acquire Kimbrel; Madrigal, Heuer to Cubs

Baron

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

Kimbrel with his contract has no surplus value, I‘d be surprised if the prospect price is huge

Both the White Sox and the Rays would probably consider having the Cubs pick up some/all of the money on that, and the Cubs already did so for the Yankees.

2 minutes ago, GermanSoxFan said:

Kimbrel with his contract has no surplus value, I‘d be surprised if the prospect price is huge

This. Kimbrel's only surplus value should be just "deadline surging".  Dude is on a market value deal.  Trading legitimate prospects for him would be a terrible move.  

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Both the White Sox and the Rays would probably consider having the Cubs pick up some/all of the money on that, and the Cubs already did so for the Yankees.

If the Sox are giving up more prospects to save money at this point in time, I will lose my MF mind. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Sox get Kimbrel, they are serious about payroll the next few years.  They don't add a relief pitcher with that price tag without it.

JR approves on contingent that he drives a lockout and cancels 2022 salaries.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1

2 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Sox get Kimbrel, they are serious about payroll the next few years.  They don't add a relief pitcher with that price tag without it.

Or they turn around and trade him this offseason 

• Fire 1

I have to imagine the Cubs are looking to dump dollars, and will send him to a team that will pay his money.

Lets pay the damn money. This is the one guy I want.....makes us a monster in playoffs with our starting pitching 

I have to imagine the Cubs are looking to dump dollars, and will send him to a team that will pay his money.

Agreed comptlely.  Just responding to Balta's comment about Cubs eating $.  I will lose alot of faith in this operation if the Sox were to ship (say) Crochet and Burger to the Cubs for Kimbrel and half his $ remaining (including next year). 

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

If the Sox get Kimbrel, does he become the closer? I love Liam but Kimbrel has straight up been better this year. 

• Chisoxfn changed the title to Sox Acquire Kimbrel; Madrigal, Heuer to Cubs
  • bmags pinned this topic
  • Heads22 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic