Sox Acquire Kimbrel; Madrigal, Heuer to Cubs

Baron

4 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Well I guess we'll find out what Crochet does for the Sox over the next 6 years.

What happened?  It was reported as Crochet, but now it's Heuer and Madrigal?  I like it a lot better now.

Edited by Big Hurtin
fixed typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

Wow, didn’t see this coming in terms of assets moved. 

And I don’t know what to think lol 

I was so shocked but, I'll go back to that 2b is relatively easy to fill. but now we...kinda do have RF and 2b, unless burger is ...legit down there. 

Funny that the Chapman trade is often looked at as the beginning of the end of the Cubs ability to dominate - as overpaying for 2 months of a closer was looked upon poorly - and here the Sox are a few years later paying a ton for 2 months (+1 year) of a set up guy.

It's a shame that none of the reliever prospects panned out because this sucks to pay that much in assets to acquire a bullpen guy.

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Funny that the Chapman trade is often looked at as the beginning of the end of the Cubs ability to dominate - as overpaying for 2 months of a closer was looked upon poorly - and here the Sox are a few years later paying a ton for 2 months (+1 year) of a set up guy.

It's a shame that none of the reliever prospects panned out because this sucks to pay that much in assets to acquire a bullpen guy.

This thing is none of those guys have superstar potential, which is the difference.  Madrigal is a guy who will be good to very good for the next decade, assuming his body holds up.  Heuer is a closer top.  In exchange you got one of the best closer in the game for the next two years.

• Like 1

• Heads22 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic