Sox Acquire Kimbrel; Madrigal, Heuer to Cubs

Baron

11 minutes ago, fathom said:

Stoney said you make the best trades when you know more about the player than the other team does.  

So does this mean since the Cubs allegedly had their choice between Madrigal and Crochet, that Crochet is garbage?

Just remember, these are the same guys who traded Tatis JR. and Semien.

Stone isn’t ever going to blast the White Sox on a trade. He likes his job.

• Thanks 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

So does this mean since the Cubs allegedly had their choice between Madrigal and Crochet, that Crochet is garbage?

1. Sometimes it's fit. 

2. Lol. 

3. True

2 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

See more recent post. I was eyeballing it based on the B-R page, but then I realized it didn't even have Lynn's extension in there so I had to backtrack and go to Spotrac to get more updated numbers.

Gotcha.  I mean, I don’t think your number is that far off.  If the Sox push the payroll to $180M, I still think they can add someone like Conforto for RF and a couple middle relievers to the mix.  That might be all they need.

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Especially when everything that's come out on that deal said Tatis was crushing on the backfields, and the Sox dealing him was more about not realizing what they had then him suddenly blowing up after the trade was made. The Sox track record of internal scouting is far from impeccable.

• Like 1

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Gotcha.  I mean, I don’t think your number is that far off.  If the Sox push the payroll to $180M, I still think they can add someone like Conforto for RF and a couple middle relievers to the mix.  That might be all they need.

There is no way Kimbrel and Hendriks are both on the roster next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maxjusttyped said:

Especially when everything that's come out on that deal said Tatis was crushing on the backfields, and the Sox dealing him was more about not realizing what they had then him suddenly blowing up after the trade was made. The Sox track record of internal scouting is far from impeccable.

If Steve was correct, no one would ever make a bad trade, yet somehow, everyone does. The Sox are going to wish they had Madrigal down the road, but for this season the back of the bullpen couldn’t be more stacked. Hopefully the injured guys come back and this team can catch the ball well enough and score enough runs to wins some playoff series.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, fathom said:

Stoney said you make the best trades when you know more about the player than the other team does.  

Doesn't exactly exude a lot of confidence in the White Sox drafting then, if they're so willing to dangle 2 of their last 3 picks.

I hate Craig Kimbrel and his idiotic pose before pitching, but I love this deal. We gave up nothing (having already acquired a second baseman for next year) and got a solid (lights out when he’s right) bullpen arm. We have significantly increased our chances for a WS this year and next. Beyond that, we’ll figure out how to replace our #9 hitter. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Everyone does, but the money doesn’t work. 

The Cubs are rebuilding. Baseball fans are back. Things cost more these days. Jerry is a dinosaur and his wife has passed.

We’re spending more money.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

typical KW move right here, wow, what a disaster

Yeah picking up the best reliever in baseball for an injured guy when you're trying to win a world series now. 

1 minute ago, FriendlyNorthsider said:

I’ve watched almost every Kimbrel pitch this year. You have the feeling the game is over when he throws his first pitch. He’s so dominant right now

Yep I’ve been surprised when people hit a fair ball off him 

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Do you literally complain about everything?

Complain? You're attached to 50 percent of my "lmao" posts, bitching like you are <right now>  Whos the one complaining again?  yikes.

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Complain? You're attached to 50 percent of my "lmao" posts, bitching like you are <right now>  Whos the one complaining again?  yikes.

9 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

typical KW move right here, wow, what a disaster

All signs point you.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

He's also a little turd.  Hoping some of the stories start coming out.  

Care to elaborate on this?  Sounds like you know some of these stories.

I did find Nick to be a little awkward.  A few more candid videos from ST kind of showed he struggled to interact comfortably with his teammates.  Quiet and reserved perhaps.  But what makes him a "turd" and what are these stories?  Let it spill! 

Edited by ChiSox59

• Heads22 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic