Sox Acquire Kimbrel; Madrigal, Heuer to Cubs

Baron

18 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

No way? Seems a bit certain considering they just gave away their franchise 2B for the next half decade and a future setup man or closer for Kimbrel. If they think they need him now, why not next season? 

That's optimistic for a player with back to back seasons with surgery. 

13 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yes how dare he approve the addition of one of the best closers on the market!

HARUMPH!

Oh excuse me.

Maybe he'll get passed Boston, Tampa Bay, Oakland and Houston.

Then get past The Dodgers, Giants or SD and win his second championship in 40 friggin years.

My bad.

• Haha 1

Just now, GradMc said:

Oh excuse me.

Then get past The Dodgers, Giants or SD and win his second championship in 40 friggin years.

My bad.

It's OK, being angry and edgy is still cool.

50 minutes ago, napa_soxfan said:

My son (11 -- and aspiring pitcher) loves to imitate the pose when we play catch. But its not out of admiration...he's gonna flip later on when he finds out! regardless of the trade, i am not looking forward to watching it whatsoever. 

In other words, Kimbrel morphing into Liam $@@“&$$#><^¥ Hendriks.

21 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Some people thought Gordon Beckham was going to be something special.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

He's right dude.  This team cannot afford to pay 2 relievers $30M.  Kimbrel takes the Sox effectively out of free agency this offseason.  No thanks. 

I see Kimbrel as a nice to have, a luxury,but not essential with Tepera, Kopech and Hendriks on board.  Certainly not give up Madrigal.  Would have rather spent the money on a slugging outfielder.  We need more home runs on our homer friendly park.  We are 25th in the majors in homers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GradMc said:

Oh excuse me.

My bad.

Let's wait until they aren't in the league. Maybe there will be an easier year to try to win. 

1 minute ago, hankchifan said:

I see Kimbrel as a nice to have, a luxury,but not essential with Tepera, Kopech and Hendriks on board.  Certainly not give up Madrigal.  Would have rather spent the money on a slugging outfielder.  We need more home runs on our homer friendly park.  We are 25th in the majors in homers.

Replacing Madrigal with a guy who has 18 homers also does that. Plus getting back Eloy, Luis, and Yas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Texsox said:

That's optimistic for a player with back to back seasons with surgery. 

I will miss Madrigal , he was one of the few Sox that put the ball in play and didn’t strike out much.  We have lost quite a few games this season failing to move runners to third or striking out with men on third and less than 2 outs.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Having Robert return will be big, if Eloy and Grandal can stay healthy, there is a significant power boast, and have to believe Abreu will gain some power without the need to press as he did with everyone out.

Also, I know some claim “slugging % / OPS” are fake stats (not saying you are one), but the Sox are 11th in both slugging and OPS, with their three core guys out, and the should be a Top 8 team in both by year end, and likely a Top 20 HR team.

The key will be the health of the rotation, hopefully Kimbrel allows Kopech to shift from likely 7th/8th inning guy to multi-inning / possible 4-5 inning starter guy. Bummer bouncing back will also be huge in this aspect, and he showed signs of life this week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Lol...what am I complaining about exactly?  You being a whiny little b****?  If so, then I guess you got me there.

Seriously though, have you read your posts in gamethreads?  You alone practically make them unbearable.  I mean, you have literally said the team with the largest divisional lead in baseball isn’t good.  You legit make Jack Parkman look like a fucking optimist.

Checked my sources on this one….can confirm this is all accurate lol

• Haha 2

• Heads22 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic