Sox Acquire Kimbrel; Madrigal, Heuer to Cubs

Baron

Almost every major league player or pitcher gets injured at some point, and some end up having numerous surgical procedures, especially pitchers.Grandal has been hurt since Spring Training. He had a recent surgery  and had back issues last year, Burger had  two torn Achilles. Engel hamstring injury and re-injury has put him on the shelf most of the year, Eloy with the torn pec in the Spring and the recent groin injury. Luis Robert hand injuries and the leg injury this year. The concern for injury often gets exaggerated but even is it isn't,  you let these guys play and whatever happens is going to happen. It is part of the game.

The thing many are wondering because of so many hamstring  and leg injuries this year, is whether players are properly conditioned and whether they warm up enough before games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, southsider2k5 said:

I don't know where the Cubs and Sox valued players,  but if I am the Cubs, I would have rather had Burger than Madrigal. 

Your identity has been discovered:

Edited by hi8is

I hate to admit it but the Cubs did very well in starting their rebuild and if they tank they will get high first and second round Draft picks,

Ricketss has unlimited money to salt the roster with free agents, including re-sgning  a few of the old guys including Bryant who already indicated he would consider signing with the Cubs next year.

2 hours ago, tray said:

The acquisition of Cesar Hernandez likely change Hahn's calculation.

At this point it is what it is, but Cesar Hernandez shouldn’t change anything. Dudes an average player. The only way I would not be disappointed with as him our 2B next year is if the Sox make a big move in RF like Conforto. 

Ready to see Kimbrel hopefully make it all worth it. Cause Nicky is gonna be a good ball player for a long time. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChiSox59 said:

At this point it is what it is, but Cesar Hernandez shouldn’t change anything. Dudes an average player. The only way I would not be disappointed with as him our 2B next year is if the Sox make a big move in RF like Conforto. 

Ready to see Kimbrel hopefully make it all worth it. Cause Nicky is gonna be a good ball player for a long time. 

Hernandez doesn't change anything?  I disagree.

Hernandez might be a better defender than Madrigal and he is on pace to hit 25+ home runs.

I was a fan of Madrigal, did not like the trade, but it is what it is so we move on.

5 hours ago, tray said:

Hernandez doesn't change anything?  I disagree.

Hernandez might be a better defender than Madrigal and he is on pace to hit 25+ home runs.

I was a fan of Madrigal, did not like the trade, but it is what it is so we move on.

Home runs are great and all but when your OBP is .300 and OPS+ and wRC+ say you’re an average hitter even with the home runs, it is a little less exciting. Cesar is a fine 9 hitter and 2B. But he’s a sizable downgrade from Madrigal at 2B in 22. But yes, it is what it is and he’s our guy now I guess. Certainly prefer Cesar to Leury for the rest of 21. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Home runs are great and all but when your OBP is .300 and OPS+ and wRC+ say you’re an average hitter even with the home runs, it is a little less exciting. Cesar is a fine 9 hitter and 2B. But he’s a sizable downgrade from Madrigal at 2B in 22. But yes, it is what it is and he’s our guy now I guess. Certainly prefer Cesar to Leury for the rest of 21. 

How do you know how many games he will be able to play when he pulled the hamstring so completely?

Have a hard time imagining him suddenly being a 3.5-4.0 fWAR player when he can never seem to avoid injuries.

19 hours ago, tray said:

I hate to admit it but the Cubs did very well in starting their rebuild and if they tank they will get high first and second round Draft picks,

Ricketss has unlimited money to salt the roster with free agents, including re-sgning  a few of the old guys including Bryant who already indicated he would consider signing with the Cubs next year.

with the MLB ready players they acquired, I'm not sure there will be a tank for more than this year.

• Heads22 unpinned this topic
  • Quin locked this topic