AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

I liked the class shown by the Guardians. Karinchak clearly didn't intentionally hit Abreu, and everyone on their team (Perez, Reyes, Karinchak) main concern was he was OK, with Abreu embracing Karinchak and Reyes. Has to be nerve wrecking on their side with the loss due to health of their long time manager, with this the first game as manager for DeMarlo Hale.

Sox battled back in situations they have been laying down as of late. Should have good momentum heading into tomorrow. I really hope the doctors examine Jose again and not rely on just him say he is OK. Also hope Eloy is able to return over the next few games and has no long term or nagging issues.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I liked the class shown by the Guardians. Karinchak clearly didn't intentionally hit Abreu, and everyone on their team (Perez, Reyes, Karinchak) main concern was he was OK, with Abreu embracing Karinchak and Reyes. Has to be nerve wrecking on their side with the loss due to health of their long time manager, with this the first game as manager for DeMarlo Hale.

Sox battled back in situations they have been laying down as of late. Should have good momentum heading into tomorrow. I really hope the doctors examine Jose again and not rely on just him say he is OK. Also hope Eloy is able to return over the next few games and has no long term or nagging issues.

Agree with this...Cleveland was class on the HBP and I think the team took note.  Shouldn’t carry over. 

Need to start hitting better with RISP and they will go on a little run I hope. Get Eloy and Robert back and start mashing. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

1-0 post BIG trade deadline. No thanks to Tepera though.

Rough first outing for Tepera.  Rather see him in situations with a little breathing room until he gets comfortable with his new team.  Ruiz being forced into action and dominating might do a world of good for his confidence though.  All is forgiven when we win.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Hell yeah. Cleveland was all about caring for Abreu. I appreciate La Russa's mad dash to plate and also completely understand Cleveland's team misinterpreting that. But everyone acted like grown ups after that and instead of fighting returned to worrying about a guy hit in the head. Then they hugged it.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, poppysox said:

Rough first outing for Tepera.  Rather see him in situations with a little breathing room until he gets comfortable with his new team.  Ruiz being forced into action and dominating might do a world of good for his confidence though.  All is forgiven when we win.

There's something different about you Poppy, but I can't figure out what it is.

• Haha 1

Nice win. Some cool comments in this thread. The new Cub stunk. We caught a break when he left the game. He just didn't have it. Thought the Sox were gonna score six or so in the eighth, but I'll take the W. Jose is a stud. Sox need to start looking better at the plate. Personally I think Sox take too many pitches.

• Like 1