7/31 CWS v CLE 6:10 PM CDT

TheTruth05

• bmags pinned this topic

2 on this date notes...

Last year, Nick Madrigal made his major league debut.

And 30 years ago tonight, Robin Ventura hit a walk off grand slam off Goose Gossage for a 10-8 win vs the Rangers. It capped Ventura's July-.357/.431/.739/1.170, 8 hr, 12 doubles. 4:45 mark

Edited by flavum
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, flavum said:

2 on this date notes...

Last year, Nick Madrigal made his major league debut.

And 30 years ago tonight, Robin Ventura hit a walk off grand slam off Goose Gossage for a 10-8 win vs the Rangers. It capped Ventura's July-.357/.431/.739/1.170, 8 hr, 12 doubles. 4:45 mark

The Goose Granny was one of my non-playoff all time favorite moments. 

• Love 2

Drill Ramirez in the butt in the 1st.  Have Reylo warming up already.  Tell Eloy and the pitchers they can't join in on the brawl if one breaks out.  Lock the Bullpen so they can't either.   

I can see that all happening but hopefully it won't.  Just hit a bunch of  homeruns and bat flip it hard and show em up will work for me 

• Haha 1

hi, anyone know the earliest you can get to the lots to tailgate? thanks!! online it says 2 hours, but i think it is longer. just trying to confirm before we leave for the game today. thanks!

Edited by wuk
added

10 minutes ago, wuk said:

hi, anyone know the earliest you can get to the lots to tailgate? thanks!! online it says 2 hours, but i think it is longer. just trying to confirm before we leave for the game today. thanks!

It's 2 hours before game time.

Edited by ptatc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Moncada said:

Drill Ramirez in the butt in the 1st.  Have Reylo warming up already.  Tell Eloy and the pitchers they can't join in on the brawl if one breaks out.  Lock the Bullpen so they can't either.   

I can see that all happening but hopefully it won't.  Just hit a bunch of  homeruns and bat flip it hard and show em up will work for me 

I would be all for it if Abreu was hit on purpose.  But that was not the case. Dick measuring contests sometimes make sense. Not here. The AL Central has surrendered, perhaps for several years. Just keep your eye on the prize.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I honestly hope La Russa runs Tepera back out there if the Sox have a lead. Get the guy's confidence back and show that little blip last night is in the rear view.

Tepera is another pitching assessment miss by Hahn and Williams lucky we didn’t give up much. The Cubs knew he was over performing that is why they didn’t ask much

Edited by upsoxfan
  • Haha 2

I hope our dugout is paying attention to Keuchel being finished at the 60 - 65 pitch mark. This guy belongs in the bullpen as a long reliever his starter says are over. He has become a nibbler and knows he can’t challenge a Major League hitter anymore.

7 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

Tepera is another pitching assessment miss by Hahn and Williams lucky we didn’t give up much. The Cubs knew he was over performing that is why they didn’t ask much

One outing.

With with much premature action, it must take you back...

38 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

I hope our dugout is paying attention to Keuchel being finished at the 60 - 65 pitch mark. This guy belongs in the bullpen as a long reliever his starter says are over. He has become a nibbler and knows he can’t challenge a Major League hitter anymore.

Team sucks. 9 game leads suck. They are going to get wiped out in the playoffs.

• Fire 2