7/31 CWS v CLE 6:10 PM CDT

TheTruth05

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

One outing.

With with much premature action, it must take you back...

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

We don’t know if he can bunt.

Yes I believe he has bunted successfully twice for us.  I have been really surprised that we do not bunt more but from what I can remember most of our guy with the exception of Engel and Grandahl can’t bunt. They are not catching the ball but stabbing at it which tells me no prep.  Looked last night like Hernandez and his ex Gaurdian teammates have been coached in proper bunting techniques.

7 minutes ago, RG23SoxFan said:

Not sure, but it sure seems more than precautionary as originally reported.  

Apparently Tony said he is gonna be back Tuesday. I think an extra couple days of caution is worth it. This game is meaningless

Edited by EloyJenkins

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Seby playing again tonight 

1 hour ago, Baron said:

Have to wonder if the pitchers are starting to realize this guy is 10X better behind the plate than Collins 

Yup just goes to show what they think of Collins catching abilities and that his bat isn't nearly good enough to make up for his defense.

Of course knowing that before hand is why I was actually a bit surprised the Sox showed no interest in Yan Gomes. The A's ended up getting him and they have Sean Murphy who has a 2.7 fWAR due in part to his great framing stats while Yan Gomes is a better hitter but still pretty strong defensively with an over all 1.1 fWAR.

Collins is at a -.3 fWAR and Zavala is a black hole offensively . If Grandal has any relapse and, lets face it, with a balky knee and being a catcher he has the highest chance of not being able to handle his position in the playoffs of the guys returning from injury. You can't have a lousy defensive catcher or a non hitter in the playoffs. If they make it to the World Series playing in the NL park without the DH and Zavala catching means its almost like having 2 pitchers hitting in the lineup .

Even in the AL playoffs they are at a disadvantage with a position player who hits like a pitcher.

Guess we should be keeping our eyes on the DFA's or Carlos Perez being promoted to AAA.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

Apparently Tony said he is gonna be back Tuesday. I think an extra couple days of caution is worth it. This game is meaningless

This game is every bit as important as Tuesday. Before we clinch every game is equal.

7 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

This game is every bit as important as Tuesday. Before we clinch every game is equal.

Baseball season must really piss you off. But you are correct, Tuesday’s game and tonight’s game are of equal importance, and since the rest of the AL Central has surrendered, neither are important. More important is making sure Eloy is ready to go for the playoffs.

Edited by Dick Allen

7 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Whats wrong with Goodwin ?

In the last 30 days, Goodwin has a .604 OPS vs RHP and Hamilton is at .606. Goodwin no longer provides a platoon advantage and Hamilton is the far superior outfielder. Now that Leury is freed from 2B there's really, really no use for Goodwin.

2 minutes ago, WhiteSoxFan1993 said:

In the last 30 days, Goodwin has a .604 OPS vs RHP and Hamilton is at .606. Goodwin no longer provides a platoon advantage and Hamilton is the far superior outfielder. Now that Leury is freed from 2B there's really, really no use for Goodwin.

So once a player hits a slump, there is no rebound? Looks like he is starting to come out of it to me.

Edited by Dick Allen

Would be nice to see the Sox take care of business against a mediocre/bad SP tonight. We didn't get the knockout punch last night with bases loaded, but we did do a nice job of getting guys on base repeatedly in later innings. Keep doing that and good things will follow.

2 minutes ago, chitown87 said:

Would be nice to see the Sox take care of business against a mediocre/bad SP tonight. We didn't get the knockout punch last night with bases loaded, but we did do a nice job of getting guys on base repeatedly in later innings. Keep doing that and good things will follow.

They haven’t really been good offensively since the Houston series. I hope at some point soon they will have everyone in the line up, and I have the feeling numbers are going to go up.

• Like 1