7/31 CWS v CLE 6:10 PM CDT

TheTruth05

6 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

You might want to look at the video again. First he did a 180° for no apparent reason. Then he went back to the track and jumped. The ball was NOT over the wall. He could have caught the ball flat footed at the base of the wall. Instead of busting his tail to the wall and setting up, he timed his route, jumped and had the ball hit the heel of the glove. 

This is true. Goodwin did fucking botch that. Made it way harder than it had to be. 

53 minutes ago, PitchatRisktoZisk said:

You might want to look at the video again. First he did a 180° for no apparent reason. Then he went back to the track and jumped. The ball was NOT over the wall. He could have caught the ball flat footed at the base of the wall. Instead of busting his tail to the wall and setting up, he timed his route, jumped and had the ball hit the heel of the glove. 

Cost us two runs and we lost by one.

10 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

Cost us two runs and we lost by one.

I didn’t  watch the game and could only follow along on gameday but my guess is you could find 20 missed opportunities for us to win this game.

4 hours ago, chw42 said:

Yoan with a terrible game

There was a reason Dombrowski peddled him off to Kenny-Hahn instead of Devers.  

Boston got the East Coast press to build Moncada as the next big thing and the Sox with their lousy scouting failed to do their homework and swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

Edited by GradMc

4 hours ago, South Side Hit Men said:

Hello exactly. You pitch your best pitchers when the game is meaningful, tie games or up down by 1. High leverage situations.

Tony's cares more about personal stats (wins and saves) than managing to high vs. low leverage situations. Perhaps that's one of the reason the Sox are among the worst teams with 20 blown saves and a 10-14 record in 1 run games. Tony rather use his worst relievers when the team is losing, regardless if they are down 1, 2 or 8, or use his best pitchers in low leverage situations like the 4-0 game against Houston with a DH the following day.

Outstanding post

4 hours ago, upsoxfan said:

Dallas has been bad for a long time he is our weakest starter

Lazy and uninspiring performance. He thought he could coast. 

I thought Cease was the weakest link. Not after this game.  Totally agree with you.

Edited by GradMc

4 hours ago, reiks12 said:

This was the most exciting game ive ever been to, even though we lost. Crowd was absolutely electric. I am still pissed at Goodwin

Ditto.  I was pissed when our offense was dead and it looked like we were going to waste a gifted 5 fluky Seby Zavala runs and just go down with a whimper.  But when the offense came alive and battled back…man, it was so exciting it barely felt like a loss. Would probably feel differently if i watched on tv but my son and I had such a blast (and scored the YoYo bobble head!) that I’m feeling ok. Chance to win the series today, and if our offense can get hot again with Eloy coming back I feel great.

4 hours ago, GradMc said:

Boston got the East Coast press to build Moncada as the next big thing and the Sox with their lousy scouting failed to do their homework and swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

It may be true that Moncada is over rated, but Boston must have believed their own hype, at some point, because they gave Yoan a $33 Million bonus to sign, and paid a big luxury tax to do it. Moncada is talented, but he continues to be a disappointment to those who expected a 5 tool super star. So far, covid and injuries aside, he has not been a super star, since his one breakout 2019 season. What has he been doing, so far this season, that has so impressed his supporter? He was drawing a lot of walks and thus sporting a really good OBP and playing a good third base. However, he is still striking out too much and not hitting for power. He may yet get going, but so far, count me as being under whelmed, which I know is considered blasphemous, around here. Well, let's hope that he proves me wrong., and soon. 

5 hours ago, GradMc said:

I bought the hype, too.  He not only had power, he was a stolen base machine, too, at age 20-21.  I have some BoSox pals, and he was all they could talk about until they brought him up (too soon).  I wonder how much weight he has gained since those days.  I still think he will put it together somewhat, and his best days are out there.