Jump to content
southsider2k5

8/1 Game Thread Sox vs Guardians 1:10

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, FLsoxfan said:

Hahn said straight up "bear with us", they're just trying to protect tired arms. Rodon has not looked strong and cease is at a huge jump in innings 

 

Which is the exact reason they should've been slow stretching out Kopech.

No such thing as a must win in early August, but losing a series at home to a team that just punted on the season would be extremely disappointing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think most of you have totally bought into the crap they are feeding you. Just a bunch of mushrooms being told they are flowers. Home field is really important to this team. We’ll lose this one today so we can stay a little closer to the Yankees. I hope Jerry R. Starts to pay attention and wakes up before they fleece him to death.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, black jack said:

 

Which is the exact reason they should've been slow stretching out Kopech.

No such thing as a must win in early August, but losing a series at home to a team that just punted on the season would be extremely disappointing.  

  Except the Indian players are still believing in themselves and playing hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like that Lambert is starting, and Hahn's statement on Friday regarding the objective of managing starter workloads. 

Andrew played every game the previous week, so good with Leury spelling him a day. It sucks to lose Billy Hamilton, but hopefully Robert returns next week giving the team two quality CFers. Billy will still be valuable in October.

Ruiz, Tepera and Kopech are likely the three unavailable today, hopefully Reynaldo continues pitching well out of the bullpen, as the Sox will likely need a couple innings from him today.

https://www.baseballpress.com/bullpen-usage?q=%2Fbullpen-usage

Go Sox!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

I think most of you have totally bought into the crap they are feeding you. Just a bunch of mushrooms being told they are flowers. Home field is really important to this team. We’ll lose this one today so we can stay a little closer to the Yankees. I hope Jerry R. Starts to pay attention and wakes up before they fleece him to death.

Have you ever considered taking a few shrooms?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Snopek said:

I’m as cautious as they come, but this is a healthy perspective to have. This is how you take advantage of the huge lead/terrible division.

Yup. They gotta use this time to rest, gel, and gear up for October. Don't get overtly complacent and blow the biggest lead in baseball, but prepare for the bloodbath that will be the AL playoffs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Jerksticks said:

I get it.  You’re a nervous-type guy, right?  

 

This might help- the Sox are going to lose…probably AT LEAST 20 more games these next 2 months.   Gotta be able to handle that. 
 

And keep in mind they are going to want guys fresh for October.  Brace for some weird lineups and some Lamberts

The Sox #1 goal is to be healthy for the playoffs.  It does us no good if the team is on fumes.  Especially in the pitching staff, we are already seeing signs of maybe taking on water.  Hopefully this is where Tony's HOF guy experience pays off and he can shoot the gap between winning and not using up every thing in the regular season.  

If people can't handle that, they need to find a new sport or team to follow for a while.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Moncada said:

Oh nice, more infielders in the outfield when they are not needed 

Leury is a plenty capable OF. Goodwin is the problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, FLsoxfan said:

Hahn said straight up "bear with us", they're just trying to protect tired arms. Rodon has not looked strong and cease is at a huge jump in innings 

I just don’t get why the Lambert start didn’t happen in KC. Punting two games in 4 days is ridiculous

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

  Except the Indian players are still believing in themselves and playing hard

Quit being scared of Cleveland.  Even they know they surrendered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Quit being scared of Cleveland.  Even they know they surrendered.

How did they surrender?  Hernandez isn’t exactly Ramírez, Reyes or their main starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really need the top of the order to start producing.  TA and Jose have essentially been ghosts in the lineup.  We aren't going anywhere if these guys don't get it going.  We can't rely on the bottom of this order to keep us competitive.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Didn't the very connected Portillos tell us we had seen the last of Lambert in a Sox uniform?

 

I think I will name my extreme enjoyment of their hilarious attempts to appear real blow up in their face as “fraudporn”

  • Fire 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, upsoxfan said:

I think most of you have totally bought into the crap they are feeding you. Just a bunch of mushrooms being told they are flowers. Home field is really important to this team. We’ll lose this one today so we can stay a little closer to the Yankees. I hope Jerry R. Starts to pay attention and wakes up before they fleece him to death.

Ohhh… look!!! Another Hall of Fame lister!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, South Side Hit Men said:

I like that Lambert is starting, and Hahn's statement on Friday regarding the objective of managing starter workloads. 

Andrew played every game the previous week, so good with Leury spelling him a day. It sucks to lose Billy Hamilton, but hopefully Robert returns next week giving the team two quality CFers. Billy will still be valuable in October.

Ruiz, Tepera and Kopech are likely the three unavailable today, hopefully Reynaldo continues pitching well out of the bullpen, as the Sox will likely need a couple innings from him today.

https://www.baseballpress.com/bullpen-usage?q=%2Fbullpen-usage

Go Sox!

 Robert hasn’t been playing in the field that much he has done more DH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

 

I'm glad Katz has changed his stance if treating this year like a normal year. Don't know who got to him but it's a good thing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hi8is said:

Ohhh… look!!! Another Hall of Fame lister!

  Yup! You got part of it right. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think I will name my extreme enjoyment of their hilarious attempts to appear real blow up in their face as “fraudporn”

More like Mukbang.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Omg! What are we going to do now! The sky is falling! @hi8is any advice. Lol

Edited by maloney.adam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, maloney.adam said:

Omg! What are we going to do now! The sky is falling! @hi8is any advice. Lol

Strive mightily to win. Relax. Don’t do it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, upsoxfan said:

Just what we need another sub 500 arm. We have potentially 7 starting pitchers on the rosster and we have to bring up a below average AAA pitcher. Who the hell is making these calls? We need to find out an get him out of here.

LaRussa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 in better than 7. LFG!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's about time they push all in on Engel if he is healthy enough. He's been hitting RHP just fine, better than fine actually, and with his defense it would be a huge upgrade once Robert starts playing CF again. Maybe to protect Robert you use him in RF and keep Engel in CF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×