8/1 Game Thread Sox vs Guardians 1:10

3 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I don’t see the point in complaining about Goodwin. Whining about a backup for not playing like a starter is like whining about a fifth starter for not being an ace.  He’s a bench player who’s been super valuable in his role and saving our asses through devastating injuries. Thank god for Goodwin, and Billy for that matter.

tenor.gif

4 hours ago, GradMc said:

Brian silenced his many sorry ass detractors on this board today.

The bat flip was for all of them.

I friggin loved it !!

My beef with Goodwin has been on defense.  His hitting has been better.  If we had room for him, I am fine for him as backup, pinch hitter and occasional DH,but not an everyday outfielder.  He has been exposed as an awful outfielder.

3 minutes ago, hankchifan said:

My beef with Goodwin has been on defense.  His hitting has been better.  If we had room for him, I am fine for him as backup, pinch hitter and occasional DH,but not an everyday outfielder.  He has been exposed as an awful outfielder.

I know he graded out as a really bad CF but man he’s looked brutal in RF the past few games. Didn’t know he wasn’t even playable there

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

I know he graded out as a really bad CF but man he’s looked brutal in RF the past few games. Didn’t know he wasn’t even playable there

He’s so strange on both sides of the ball. Very streaky. He’ll make a highlight reel play and then next week he’s biffing a flyball.

5 hours ago, upsoxfan said:

Pretty generous score keeper both balls he dropped were errors the one he cut off Engel and the so-called homer was 2 ft. Short of the wall and wasn’t a homer. We wouldn’t need the walk off if he hustled on the slice of his that was dropped by Cleveland and he loaded so it was a single, went to second which would have been third and then didn’t tag on fly ball to go to third but had he been at third where he should have been he could have scored. Struck out with 0 outs and bases loaded right before Garcia hit into do and we end up with 0 runs when we had bases loaded and no outs so he kind of cost us 3 and scored 2. I’m glad we won but I do hope we keep Sheets and send Goodwin packing

Just showing your baseball ignorance. Any scorekeeper would rule those hits because they were difficult plays. You need to get your eyes checked. So what you are saying, he should always get a hit and getting on base at a .538 rate in the series wasn't good enough ? Go back under your rock.

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Just showing your baseball ignorance. Any scorekeeper would rule those hits because they were difficult plays. You need to get your eyes checked. So what you are saying, he should always get a hit and getting on base at a .538 rate in the series wasn't good enough ? Go back under your rock.

Just give him his rightful place on the Hall of Fame list.

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1