The Legend of Seby Zavala

BamaDoc

White Sox star Seby Zavala announced his retirement today.  He completed a 14 year career all spent with the Pale Hose.  During that time the fan favorite was a two time league MVP, World Series MVP, 7 time gold glove winner and 5 time all star.  Zavala amassed 237 HR and 895 RBI in his career.  Typically down playing personal accomplishments, Zavala said he was most proud of his team winning three World Series titles during the 2020s.  He took over as the Sox primary catcher following Yasmani Grandal.  He became a fan favorite on the night he hit his first three home runs in the same game.  Always crediting others, he credits Hall of Fame manager Tony LaRussa with igniting his career, " I remember being pinch hit for with a 2-0 count and thinking never again" the player said.  His statue was unveiled this week during the teams final home stand of the year..................

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Be interesting to see who goes down when Grandal returns.

The way the pitchers rave about him...I assume they want Seby to stay!  But I was losing interest in watching him throw the bat every time he struckout!  Defensively...he seems outstanding.

5 minutes ago, 2Deep said:

I still do not want to give up on Collins 

He needs to play to get better

Sadly this is probably who he is. A bad defensive catcher who hits RHP at a decent clip and that’s it. Sox can do a lot better at backup so they gotta upgrade next year

22 hours ago, BamaDoc said:

White Sox star Seby Zavala announced his retirement today.  He completed a 14 year career all spent with the Pale Hose.  During that time the fan favorite was a two time league MVP, World Series MVP, 7 time gold glove winner and 5 time all star.  Zavala amassed 237 HR and 895 RBI in his career.  Typically down playing personal accomplishments, Zavala said he was most proud of his team winning three World Series titles during the 2020s.  He took over as the Sox primary catcher following Yasmani Grandal.  He became a fan favorite on the night he hit his first three home runs in the same game.  Always crediting others, he credits Hall of Fame manager Tony LaRussa with igniting his career, " I remember being pinch hit for with a 2-0 count and thinking never again" the player said.  His statue was unveiled this week during the teams final home stand of the year..................

And then you woke up.

43 minutes ago, poppysox said:

And then you woke up.

Yep.  It was thought up at night following a shitty loss where our worst bat hit three homers and we still lost.  Tried to capture Yermin mania with anti Tony.  Just trying to get a chuckle after the debacle.

1 minute ago, BamaDoc said:

Yep.  It was thought up at night following a shitty loss where our worst bat hit three homers and we still lost.  Tried to capture Yermin mania with anti Tony.  Just trying to get a chuckle after the debacle.

Yep...I know.  Me too.

Love you Seby. 3 bombs in one game. This is what makes baseball great. We talk about all of baseball's problems and rightly so. But to have Zavala hit his first three home runs in MLB in the same game? Priceless.

Every Sox fan in America should buy Seby a beer.