That’s a White Sox Winner, take the series from the Guardians

South Side Hit Men

19 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Eloy is already on the 25 man roster, so I’m guessing you mean Robert?  And I really doubt they send down Collins and keep Seby.

I agree with you.  Seby has certainly picked up a few fans of his own.  He is the best defensive catcher in the organization IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SoxAce said:

Goodwin will get the headlines but the unsung hero in this game was Reynaldo Lopez. What a job he did.

If the team can get quality relief innings from Lopez, that would be huge. Just get someone in there who won't blow multi-run leads.

Brian Goodwin:

8/1  1-3,BB,  2 R ,1 RBI Game winning walk off HR.

7/31  1-3, 2 BB ,3 R ,1 RBI , HR

7/30 1-3 1 BB 1 RBI

Total:

3-9 ,4 BB, 7/13 .538 OBP, 3 RBI, 5 RS, 2 HR's and 1 of them a walk off.  I dare someone to find one other guy who did as consistently well this series. Mind you this is a scrub and Moncada, Anderson and Abreu are not. Also no errors . I know we can all get mad that he didn't rob a HR and the ball is not sticking in his glove on difficult plays. But if he was a .900 OPS and a great glove he'd be an All Star not a scrub. Maybe he starts using a new glove soon ;)

•  
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1

6 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Brian Goodwin:

7/30 1-3 1 BB 1 RBI

Total:

3-9 ,4 BB, 7/13 .538 OBP, 3 RBI, 5 RS, 2 HR's and 1 of them a walk off.  I dare someone to find one other guy who did as consistently well this series. Mind you this is a scrub and Moncada, Anderson and Abreu are not. Also no errors . I know we can all get mad that he didn't rob a HR and the ball is not sticking in his glove on difficult plays. But if he was a .900 OPS and a great glove he'd be an All Star not a scrub. Maybe he starts using a new glove soon ;)

•  

Soxtalk has a long storied history of blaming the 25th man.

14 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Brian Goodwin:

7/30 1-3 1 BB 1 RBI

Total:

•  

No errors is, to say the least, quite generous.  He inexplicably took his eye off the ball yesterday as he put his glove up.  Today’s non-catch also hit squarely inside his glove.  Professionals make those plays.

Edited by asindc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1