2021-22 NBA Thread

I think ultimately the Charlotte news was good news. Their offer sheet being 2 years is not enough for a S&T, so it was really just a match or no match decision. That probably would have been a match scenario except with news Lauri wants out I can't see bulls doing that.

Now we don't really need to worry, I don't see a team that has the space for signing him outright under the cap. So there will be a S&T.  If Lauri wants to start, I can't really see a team other than Minny but..they just did the Prince trade. I think Lauri is better, but, that trade was last week

21 minutes ago, bmags said:

I think ultimately the Charlotte news was good news. Their offer sheet being 2 years is not enough for a S&T, so it was really just a match or no match decision. That probably would have been a match scenario except with news Lauri wants out I can't see bulls doing that.

Now we don't really need to worry, I don't see a team that has the space for signing him outright under the cap. So there will be a S&T.  If Lauri wants to start, I can't really see a team other than Minny but..they just did the Prince trade. I think Lauri is better, but, that trade was last week

Lauri really misplayed his hand every step of the way.

It sucks that he took such a massive step back under Jimbo, but he was also offered an extension last year and according to K.C. they were only $4M apart so Lauri messed up big time.

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

Lauri really misplayed his hand every step of the way.

It sucks that he took such a massive step back under Jimbo, but he was also offered an extension last year and according to K.C. they were only $4M apart so Lauri messed up big time.

yeah, very happy we aren't on like a $70m extension for him. Still can't believe how timid he became.

Just now, bmags said:

yeah, very happy we aren't on like a $70m extension for him. Still can't believe how timid he became.

He in the season opener against Charlotte two years ago. He was aggressive as hell. I mean, look at these dunks!

Then Jimbo parked him on the 3 point line and Lauri just died mentally. This Lauri would turn the bench into a Bizarro Bench Mob, focused on offense rather than defense.

At this point, dude might need to take the QO, get to the playoffs, then jet.

4 hours ago, scs787 said:

I was just about to post this. Lol.

Kind of a bummer. I started to love the idea of him in the rotation still. Hopefully they can get something for him and Marko can come over and provide much of what Lauri gives them. 

He may not have a choice. Bulls need to play hard ball - either get value you like or match his deal if it is reasonable. 

1 hour ago, bmags said:

I was going to say 2yr/26M is an easy match for Lauri. 

50 minutes ago, Quin said:

He in the season opener against Charlotte two years ago. He was aggressive as hell. I mean, look at these dunks!

Then Jimbo parked him on the 3 point line and Lauri just died mentally. This Lauri would turn the bench into a Bizarro Bench Mob, focused on offense rather than defense.

At this point, dude might need to take the QO, get to the playoffs, then jet.

As much as I would love to point to ole jimbo, I think it's more to do with Lauri. I just think back to that incredible run he had in feb 2019, culminating with an epic game vs the hawks where he set career highs, and then all the sudden basically his season ends due to his heart. I think that (reasonably so) scared him and maybe has caused him from going full bore in games, and why he may want to park on the 3 point line rather than banging down low.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

As much as I would love to point to ole jimbo, I think it's more to do with Lauri. I just think back to that incredible run he had in feb 2019, culminating with an epic game vs the hawks where he set career highs, and then all the sudden basically his season ends due to his heart. I think that (reasonably so) scared him and maybe has caused him from going full bore in games, and why he may want to park on the 3 point line rather than banging down low.

It could be that but you are spot on either way - this is on Lauri. He wants to take his game to next level - it takes a lot more work and when you get knocked down you got to show fire. He hasn’t shown that. It is cliche but he just hasn’t. I haven’t seen him play with a chip. 

Sham just said there are multiple sign and trade options on the table for Lauri right now. 

Looking at what's left on the market, I wouldn't mind bringing in Paul Millsap. Especially if Lauri goes. He's become a really good 3 point shooter.

Lacks the size, but can still play a role. 

50 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Sham just said there are multiple sign and trade options on the table for Lauri right now. 

Looking at what's left on the market, I wouldn't mind bringing in Paul Millsap. Especially if Lauri goes. He's become a really good 3 point shooter.

Fanbases are meaningless when it comes to actual deals, but OKC fans seem to be cool with offering Bazley in a S&T for Lauri. Not real good, but he's young and has a good defensive rebounding percentage. Donovan would be familiar with him.

Hollinger really hates the DeRossan deal. Says they are paying him double what he is worth and the draft capital way too much. Said would SA really said no if the Bulls hung on to the 2nd rounders? Has no proof, but thinks it might be an ownership decision not a player OPS. Says the Bulls as constructed are still fighting for an 8 seed and perhaps not even play in quality.

Edited by Dick Allen

5 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Hell LeBron has been tampering for how many years? But it's LeBron so they'll look the other way.

They let LeBron get away with violating Covid protocol. The Lakers should basically be demoted to the G-League for Lebron's violations.

19 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

There's rumors Gar Forman (who is part of the New Orleans FO now as a special advisor) is the one responsible for "snitching" on the Bulls.

Of course he would be. I have no idea why the Pelicans would get out clear though - they agreed to a contract with Temple. So if the Bulls get hit, the Pelicans should rightfully get hurt in the process (this is the argument I'd make if I were the Bulls).

On 8/6/2021 at 9:27 AM, scs787 said:

Go figure - bulls actually get there guys and this happens. And if gar was behind it - man. I don’t see why gar would care since New Orleans clearly was on board. In fact - how is it tampering if dialogue went through New Orleans? 

21 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Go figure - bulls actually get there guys and this happens. And if gar was behind it - man. I don’t see why gar would care since New Orleans clearly was on board. In fact - how is it tampering if dialogue went through New Orleans? 

Because it requires talking to a free agent. But that's my point about Garrett Temple - anything the Bulls can get dinged for the Pelicans should be eligible for the same hammer.

This just reminds me of how the Bulls were the only team to get dinged for resting players as part of tanking.

1 hour ago, Quin said:

Because it requires talking to a free agent. But that's my point about Garrett Temple - anything the Bulls can get dinged for the Pelicans should be eligible for the same hammer.

This just reminds me of how the Bulls were the only team to get dinged for resting players as part of tanking.

But supposedly Miami is getting its hand slapped - because it had discussions with Toronto at the deadline - I got news for the league, so did the Bulls.  I get it - they probably did it - but every team does.  Just ridiculous the league is going to use the Bulls to set an example.  Bron has done it his whole career.  Bulls should have been smarter and waited a few hours - but still - whose to say Bulls don't talk to New Orleans, New Orleans talks to Ball - they get parameters aligned, some of which started back at the deadline.  

If the Pelicans really got cold feet and now through the Bulls under the bus - wow is all I could say. I can't imagine Pelicans would have done that - but if they did - and it leaked - no one is going to negotiate with them in good faith. 

8 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

But supposedly Miami is getting its hand slapped - because it had discussions with Toronto at the deadline - I got news for the league, so did the Bulls.  I get it - they probably did it - but every team does.  Just ridiculous the league is going to use the Bulls to set an example.  Bron has done it his whole career.  Bulls should have been smarter and waited a few hours - but still - whose to say Bulls don't talk to New Orleans, New Orleans talks to Ball - they get parameters aligned, some of which started back at the deadline.  

If the Pelicans really got cold feet and now through the Bulls under the bus - wow is all I could say. I can't imagine Pelicans would have done that - but if they did - and it leaked - no one is going to negotiate with them in good faith. 

The thing is, this stuff doesn’t come from bulls or pels. It comes from agents wanting to brag about the number. We heard he signed before the trade package