2021-22 NBA Thread

Now that he wasn't needed to bring in Ball or DeRozan, I'm liking the idea of Lauri staying. He still hit 40% from 3 last year and always having a stretch on the floor with either Vuk and/or Lauri will help. Especially since one of your stars can't shoot a 3 and will need the spacing.

Khem Birch still makes a lot of sense. 

8 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Now that he wasn't needed to bring in Ball or DeRozan, I'm liking the idea of Lauri staying. He still hit 40% from 3 last year and always having a stretch on the floor with either Vuk and/or Lauri will help. Especially since one of your stars can't shoot a 3 and will need the spacing.

Khem Birch still makes a lot of sense. 

It is hard work to break myself of the 15 years of training to instinctively say "no avoid any bad salary cap commitments!". But, playing the game a different way - yeah why not, the team isn't trying to save money.

2 hours ago, raBBit said:

Ball/White/Caruso/Green
Lavine/Caruso/White
DeRozan/Williams/Brown Jr.
Williams/Markkanen
Vucevic/Bradley

I feel like the last thing the bulls need is another guard. If Williams is going to be at the #4 mostly, I still think we need another big even with Bradley added. There isn't a lot of rebounding/D there. What are the options for S&T with Lauri?

Lauri is okay as a big - so I presume at this point if they move him it is just for a big they like more. Seems way more likely Lauri stays and even with him staying I expect one more big - possibly at the baby mle excemption or using the tpe from Houston they have. 

So annoying that I can't watch the US games unless I have peacock or whatever it is. For pete sake this is USA basketball we are talking about and its on in the middle of the night (or in some cases not so late for a west coaster like msyelf). Why can't I watch live with my regular cable subscription.  

4 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

So annoying that I can't watch the US games unless I have peacock or whatever it is. For pete sake this is USA basketball we are talking about and its on in the middle of the night (or in some cases not so late for a west coaster like msyelf). Why can't I watch live with my regular cable subscription.  

Do you have Comcast?  You get Peacock for free with it.

6 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

The final will be live on NBC tomorrow at 9:30 CT, but this is they way things are going now. I saw that NBC is even putting one of Notre Dame's home football games on Peacock. My grandparents live 15 miles from ND Stadium, and won't be able to watch the game live because they don't have a smart TV. They have a tablet so I guess they could watch it on that but I don't see them doing that.

47 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Do you have Comcast?  You get Peacock for free with it.

I think I technically get Peacock - but than I got to go stream the whole thing and its just another thing I have to sign up for, download, etc.  Yes - I am lazy - but at some point enough is enough. How many seperate apps/places do I need to go?  My answer is - for things like USA olympic basketball - with the plethora of networks NBC has - if I have a cable subscription - I should be good.  

Just now, Chisoxfn said:

I think I technically get Peacock - but than I got to go stream the whole thing and its just another thing I have to sign up for, download, etc.  Yes - I am lazy - but at some point enough is enough. How many seperate apps/places do I need to go?  My answer is - for things like USA olympic basketball - with the plethora of networks NBC has - if I have a cable subscription - I should be good.  

Yeah, the 16 billion streaming services are extremely annoying, I was just trying to get you in if you didn't know.

7 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, the 16 billion streaming services are extremely annoying, I was just trying to get you in if you didn't know.

And I should have said thank you - haha. It’s going to be funny in ten years when this new service comes out that brings it all back to one place so it is an easy and curated user experience! 

31 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This is straying off the topic, but where I think we're headed is the end of traditional cable/satellite service and everybody just buying content directly from providers. Your Peacock app will become where you subscribe to whatever package of NBC/Comcast channels you want. Your Paramount+ app is where you will subscribe to whatever package of CBS/Viacom channels you want. Your Disney+ and/or ESPN+ app will be where you subscribe to whatever package of Disney/ESPN channels you want, etc.

6 minutes ago, Quin said:

Well, that sucks. Charlotte is one of the only teams that can probably offer Lauri more than the Bulls feel comfortable matching.

imo I don't think they would do that but also means whatever we may get back is probably extremely not a first round pick haha.

41 minutes ago, bmags said:

imo I don't think they would do that but also means whatever we may get back is probably extremely not a first round pick haha.

Touche. At worst, carrying around the Theis TPE and a Lauri TPE is more than Gar would ever do. Or Gar would have them, then let them expire like the forever atrocious Kyle Korver deal.

52 minutes ago, bmags said:

Or the Bulls get a good view and decide to accept it to maintain the asset and keep him around. I would think they accept anything but a poison pill (or once they know - have some plan's in place to leverage Lauri in a S&T to get what they do need - maybe with other teams involved, etc).  At this point - I will assume the front office will be strategic in how they handle things until proven otherwise (they have earned that for how they manipulated the cap / roster this offseason).  I now have to hope they got the right parts or largely the right parts to take some big steps forward - so the next part (star acquisition) becomes a reality)

I'd like them to match within reason, but then you gotta question how far over the luxury tax are they willing to go? 

I'm probably wrong here but the bulls appear to be at 169m...what I don't understand is if that includes the 19m cap hold for Lauri or not...either way the luxury tax is at 136m.

Next year it looks like they're at 143m. Lavine gonna cost you, what 40m? Now you're at 183 without whatever Lauri gets. 

The Heat, Brooklyn, and Golden State are the only teams over 200m.....will Jerry pony up to play with the big boys? Should he? I'd love to keep Lauri but oof. 

6 minutes ago, scs787 said:

I'd like them to match within reason, but then you gotta question how far over the luxury tax are they willing to go? 

I'm probably wrong here but the bulls appear to be at 169m...what I don't understand is if that includes the 19m cap hold for Lauri or not...either way the luxury tax is at 136m.

Next year it looks like they're at 143m. Lavine gonna cost you, what 40m? Now you're at 183 without whatever Lauri gets. 

The Heat, Brooklyn, and Golden State are the only teams over 200m.....will Jerry pony up to play with the big boys? Should he? I'd love to keep Lauri but oof. 

Remember...this one is no longer Jerry.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Remember...this one is no longer Jerry.

Is it officially Michael now? Bulls and Sox? I somehow missed this. 

Hopefully he's sat back and saw all fans mock pops for being cheap and doesn't wanna follow suit. They should be playing with the big boys. 

13 minutes ago, scs787 said:

Is it officially Michael now? Bulls and Sox? I somehow missed this. 

Hopefully he's sat back and saw all fans mock pops for being cheap and doesn't wanna follow suit. They should be playing with the big boys. 

Just Bulls. He's handed over most of the Bulls operations to Michael, but Jerry still is thought to have control of the White Sox. Michael is the one who hired this front office.

https://www.nba.com/bulls/news/michael-reinsdorf-finds-right-leader-karnisovas

While Bulls chairman Jerry Reinsdorf remains "the boss," as Michael reiterated Monday, it was another significant leg in the race to succeed. This time Michael was getting the baton. His father remained back in Arizona. Paxson slowed from a sprint. Michael took off running.

4 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

The same NBC Sports app I watch the Sox and Bulls on is being used as the Olympics app but with this weird toggle in the menu to switch from one to the other.  Now when you sign in it's set to the Olympics, so at first, I couldn't find the Sox stream.  Weird but whatever.

Well the Lauri to CHA intrigue was short-lived. Oubre to Hornets for 2 years 26 mill, probably identifical to what they would have offered Lauri if it didn't work out. 

At this point, really hard to see what team goes after him.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

well I know nothing

I was just about to post this. Lol.

Kind of a bummer. I started to love the idea of him in the rotation still. Hopefully they can get something for him and Marko can come over and provide much of what Lauri gives them.