2021-22 NBA Thread

On 9/6/2021 at 10:51 PM, scs787 said:

Alize Johnson it is. Doesn't have great size but that boy can rebound. Had a 20/20 game last year. Gotta have some talent to do that. Love that he made a Rodman post on Twitter when he found out he's coming here..... Probably the best forward available right now. I dig it. Lots of versatility on this team. 

I was hoping for an Ibaka type to do the frontcourt things that Vucevic can't do and this guy is 6'7".  The signing can't hurt, I guess.

33 minutes ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Apparently Tony Bradley is their "Ibaka type."  I don't know him.  Any good, if someone who is familiar with him sees this?

I don't know much outside of what the numbers tell me 

Per 36 minutes Ibaka averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds while Bradley averaged 17/12.

Bradley is also just 24 and still could have some more upside..... He had 1 game last year where he played more than 30 minutes and all he did was score 18 points on 8 of 8 shooting and grabbed 11 rebounds. Also had a 7 for 7 game against the Bulls. 

Looks to be a solid backup big. I'd still prefer Alize or even DeRozan at the 4 if Williams misses time. 

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

I don't know much outside of what the numbers tell me 

Per 36 minutes Ibaka averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds while Bradley averaged 17/12.

Bradley is also just 24 and still could have some more upside..... He had 1 game last year where he played more than 30 minutes and all he did was score 18 points on 8 of 8 shooting and grabbed 11 rebounds. Also had a 7 for 7 game against the Bulls. 

Looks to be a solid backup big. I'd still prefer Alize or even DeRozan at the 4 if Williams misses time. 

Lots of good video on YouTube about him.  Everything he shoots is under the basket thus the shooting %.  He looks like just what you said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.rotoballer.com/player-news/demar-derozan-could-move-to-power-forward/939540%3famp=1

Looks like the DeRozan to PF thing might happen while Williams is out.

A quick "DeMar DeRozan Power Forward" search just told me that DeRozan, and the team defense, thrived with DD at the 4. Teams with two offensive BIGS are few and far between these days, and the modern 4 is more like DeRozan or Lebron. 

I'd start Ball-Caruso-Lavine-DeRozan-Vuc

14 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

They did not pay him the 8.25M owed to him today, instead they put that into an escrow account.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

https://www.inquirer.com/sixers/sixers-ben-simmons-trade-rumors-fines-20211001.html

Considering Simmons hasn't reported to training camp, I would think the team is doing the logical thing. He will eventually get the money, probably minus some fines.

1 hour ago, Stinky Stanky said:

Denzel signed with CLE for cheap non-guaranteed money.  I always liked the guy, hope he gets some playing time and can continue his career.  In the USA, of course.  Oh well. if not he's already made 5 times what I did in my working life.  Good luck, kid.

Oh man he was garbage lol.  I'm so glad he is gone 

11 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

Oh man he was garbage lol.  I'm so glad he is gone 

He wasn't an athlete, fer sure.  Best passer on the team, nice hands on defense, shot the three a little bit.  Overall no loss, you're right.  But I liked him for no reason at all.

Yeah, that was fun. 

I wish all of Matt Thomas, Alize, and Green were taller. 

I've grown really fond of Thomas as a Reddick type but the Bulls are just so loaded at the guard position that I'm not sure he's gonna find the minutes. Dude can flat out shoot the 3 ball....To steal a football term, Alize is just a ballhawk. 11 rebounds today in 17 minutes. He may struggle to defend so bigger guys though, though in today's game there aren't too too many BIGS.