2021-22 NBA Thread

9 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Does anybody recall the alcohol situation at the UC? I remember they serve hard alcohol in the 200 level. Do they server hard alcohol in the 100 level and can you get shots?

There are definitely Bars on 100 level that serve cocktails, there is like a crown royal club I remember. 

No idea if they'd serve you shots though, kinda doubt they'd have cups for it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bmags said:

There are definitely Bars on 100 level that serve cocktails, there is like a crown royal club I remember. 

No idea if they'd serve you shots though, kinda doubt they'd have cups for it.

Thank you sir. One like for you. 

Edited by ron883

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Listened to the radio for a minute tonight and Swirsky said DeRozan is a future Hall of Famer.  This is crazy, right?

Ehhhhh. He's very Paul Konerko-esque. Hall of very good. Probably not flashy enough to really make. 22-4-4 in his prime is nothing to scoff at. 

Funnnn 1st half for the Bulls. Lavine is a legit superstar guys. 

1 hour ago, fathom said:

Listened to the radio for a minute tonight and Swirsky said DeRozan is a future Hall of Famer.  This is crazy, right?

So my initial response was yes (it was crazy), but I think he just passed Lenny Wilkins for 80th in scoring all time. Depending how many years left he could easily finish top 50.

Edited by Soxbadger

Hell yeah - that was fun. Lavine is a stud and that team defense by bulls was just stellar. Fantastic. Some point they will need to move Vuc for a better player - a year from now that plus picks and white for a great player will be what puts bulls over the top!!! 

Oh man let’s win again tomorrow and than 11 of next 12 vs teams that made playoffs a year ago. Fired up!!! 

3 hours ago, Soxbadger said:

You still shading Lavine?

I remember the day I became a Lavine truther, I posted that I think the Bulls should give him a max deal which back then was somewhat controversial. Now we can only hope he accepts it. 

You know me - I was early on that bandwagon and was quite happy when you were the first poster here to join me on it haha!!! 

I feel like our bench better got the assignment that Ayo knew in game 1, these dudes aren’t coming into to shoot, they are in to run like hell and be maniacs on defense. 

Man I love Javonte Green, and that lineup of Caruso, Lavine, Ball, DDR, Vuc with more time can be lethal. Still vulnerable to size, but should be able to shut down perimeter.

Let's say it's the trade deadline and Williams still hasn't got it. Who might realistically be out there as far as a PF goes? While KAT would be amazing, idk that they have the bullets to do it. 

I think the best package they could do is Coby, Williams, and a 1st. Hate to give up on Williams, but this again assumes that he's just not taking the next step. Hopefully Ayo gets more time to show he can be a guy in place of Coby(not to mention I hope Thomas gets some rub when they need offense.)

This team, especially if Ball starts playing like an All Star, which I absolutely think he can, can make some serious, serious noise if they add a legit 4. Maybe Toronto is out of it and they can trade the above package for Pascal. 

Ball-Lavine-Derozan-Pascal-Vuc is just amazeballs.

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

Let's say it's the trade deadline and Williams still hasn't got it. Who might realistically be out there as far as a PF goes? While KAT would be amazing, idk that they have the bullets to do it. 

I think the best package they could do is Coby, Williams, and a 1st. Hate to give up on Williams, but this again assumes that he's just not taking the next step. Hopefully Ayo gets more time to show he can be a guy in place of Coby(not to mention I hope Thomas gets some rub when they need offense.)

This team, especially if Ball starts playing like an All Star, which I absolutely think he can, can make some serious, serious noise if they add a legit 4. Maybe Toronto is out of it and they can trade the above package for Pascal. 

Jerami Grant?

2 hours ago, bmags said:

Jerami Grant?

I'd be ok with that.

Christian Wood is another player, but he just may be reaching the "Don't have enough to get him" level. 

One name that may be out there that I would love for this team is, wait for it........Thad Young..  really bummed he didn't stay here as I think he would have fit in perfectly with this team. Wonder what it would take to get him back? The ball movement on this team with Thadgic out there at the 4 would be incredible. 

Edited by scs787

1 hour ago, scs787 said:

I'd be ok with that.

Christian Wood is another player, but he just may be reaching the "Don't have enough to get him" level. 

One name that may be out there that I would love for this team is, wait for it........Thad Young..  really bummed he didn't stay here as I think he would have fit in perfectly with this team. Wonder what it would take to get him back? The ball movement on this team with Thadgic out there at the 4 would be incredible. 

Another raptor could’ve Boucher

5 hours ago, scs787 said:

Siakam is the dream. He's literally the perfect fit for this team and IMO, the missing piece. 

To me it is going to be tough to judge Williams. He is easily the last option in the starting line up with mainly guys who like to take the ball themselves. He would be perfect off the bench IMO, we need a defensive PF in the starting line up or one that can stretch the defense with the 3 ball better than Williams can. 

Was at the game yesterday. Atmosphere was great. This teams is already so much better than the recent teams. It's amazing how fast AKME was able to shed the Garpax stink. The team's ball handling, athleticism, and defense is noticeably improved. I know the opponents have been garbage so far, but it's been so fun to watch.