2021-22 NBA Thread

7 hours ago, chw42 said:

Yeah it's kind of ridiculous considering other leagues let you play if you test negative two times in a row. 

There was a study a couple weeks ago on vaccinated health care workers showing that if they got the virus, tested positive, and showed no symptoms, the body would basically clear the virus in 2 days. If they actually showed symptoms, then it took 11 days to clear the virus on average (more scatter though). Overall, the two negative tests standard is therefore quite well supported as a dividing line.

15 hours ago, ron883 said:

10 days regardless of vaccination status is a god damn joke

Evidently it is 10 days or 2 negative tests.  I think the Bulls just said 10 days to play it safe but it could change.  I assume he actually has symptoms so that is why everyone is assuming 10 days.  

17 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

Evidently it is 10 days or 2 negative tests.  I think the Bulls just said 10 days to play it safe but it could change.  I assume he actually has symptoms so that is why everyone is assuming 10 days.  

Yeah, he has to have symptoms since vaccinated players don't get tested regularly. 

I can't believe the Ball tampering stuff still hasn't been resolved. 

I kinda feel like what will have happened is the league does not have the goods from their investigation, the circumstantial evidence is damning, so the league can't really figure out what the appropriate precedent is for just appearing to break the rules. And honestly I think "rich paul just has a big mouth, but obviously when ball liked our offer a trade was going to work out" is real.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Replacing Vuc with a guy that the other team doesn't have to guard really hurts. Doesn't help that Lonzo and DeMar have played horribly. The Bulls really need another big man. 

Teams just close out on DeRozan right now if he drives. Without Vuc to draw any attention away near the paint, DeMar can't do much. These next few games are gonna be ugly as hell without Vuc's spacing and just his general ability to have the offense run through him. Bradley and Johnson are huge negatives in the half-court offense. 

1 minute ago, chw42 said:

You gotta wonder if his hand is bothering him. He looks like he doesn't want to be out there right now. 

Eh.. I mean he's always been a turnover machine. This season though he's cooled down with them cause of Lonzo but unfortunately Ball hasn't been very good and LaVine is trying to do way too much.

But the entire team has been bad. Probably the worst game I've seen Caruso play. Golden State is no joke defensively. 

Started off great but GS adjusted perfectly. Golden State is the king of small ball, if you don’t have a dangerous big, you have little chance. I’m glad to get this out of the way early in the trip as a bit of a wake up call. 

I still think this Bulls team can pretty much beat anybody when healthy from what we have seen so far. I’m not too upset, 3 starters had only made one shot by end of the 3rd, doesn’t matter how good the D is, that will not happen again. 

57 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Teams just close out on DeRozan right now if he drives. Without Vuc to draw any attention away near the paint, DeMar can't do much. These next few games are gonna be ugly as hell without Vuc's spacing and just his general ability to have the offense run through him. Bradley and Johnson are huge negatives in the half-court offense. 

Zero depth at the front court right now. It is what it is. Get back quick Vuc. 

1 hour ago, TheTruth05 said:

Zach with ice in his veins hitting a couple daggers towards the end of the game. Also DeRozan is so awesome, Bulls pickups have been so good so far.Big W against a hot team to start the back to back.

That was awesome. Bradley was absolutely worthless and they still won. With Vuc they win that by 20 and I thought the refs were trash too tonight. That said - first time my son has ever seen the Bulls win in person and first time I have in a while. Loved it! 

• Like 2

One note from game: pat Williams was out on court (in cast), but found it interesting he was traveling with the team? 

Bulls need to sign Boogie and take a shot. Not saying Boogie is any good anymore, but he plays a crappier but similar game to Vuc and would be an upgrade over Bradley or Johnson (in pinch starter roles). 

Am excited to get White back. I know he will be rusty for first few weeks to a month but especially with Vuc out - you can see how this team needs another scorer and I expect White will be a much better version of himself this year where he will benefit from being around better players and being asked to be in a role I think he is more comfortable with. 

37 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

One note from game: pat Williams was out on court (in cast), but found it interesting he was traveling with the team? 

Bulls need to sign Boogie and take a shot. Not saying Boogie is any good anymore, but he plays a crappier but similar game to Vuc and would be an upgrade over Bradley or Johnson (in pinch starter roles). 

Am excited to get White back. I know he will be rusty for first few weeks to a month but especially with Vuc out - you can see how this team needs another scorer and I expect White will be a much better version of himself this year where he will benefit from being around better players and being asked to be in a role I think he is more comfortable with. 

Boogie just can't move anymore after his injuries. The guy is absolute toast. I'd rather take a flyer in Meyers Leonard if Reinsdorf would green light it. 

Edited by ron883