2021-22 NBA Thread

Harrison Barnes, Christian Wood, and Jerami Grant are all guys the FO should be looking to trade for using PWill/Coby/Portland 1st. They're all on teams that are or will be rebuilding. They're all on 2 year deals. I think the Bulls have enough to make one of those trades work. That would truly make this team a contender. 

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

Harrison Barnes, Christian Wood, and Jerami Grant are all guys the FO should be looking to trade for using PWill/Coby/Portland 1st. They're all on teams that are or will be rebuilding. They're all on 2 year deals. I think the Bulls have enough to make one of those trades work. That would truly make this team a contender. 

Out of these three and with the current makeup of the team, Wood is the one. They need another big that can score and rebound much more than they need another wing. 

Personally, I already think they are a contender. They have a legit big 3.5 with Lonzo and Vuc hasn’t even played decent. 

Edited by Chi Town Sox

You know, the way people talk about DeRozan they make it sound like he is having an unexpected resurgence after he was lost in the woods playing for the Spurs and there's really nothing in his production that warrants that. Yes, he is playing some of the best ball in his career now, but in SA he was still easily averaging 20+ ppg, same volume, same FG% (actually better), same PER etc. Only difference that I can tell is his team wasn't winning.

17 minutes ago, lostfan said:

You know, the way people talk about DeRozan they make it sound like he is having an unexpected resurgence after he was lost in the woods playing for the Spurs and there's really nothing in his production that warrants that. Yes, he is playing some of the best ball in his career now, but in SA he was still easily averaging 20+ ppg, same volume, same FG% (actually better), same PER etc. Only difference that I can tell is his team wasn't winning.

It feels like he’s travolta in pulp fiction. All the sudden it’s like Oh yeah! That guy that helped Toronto be a top seed in the East!

30 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Bulls atop the East nbd 😎

Next three games might be one of their easier stretches too, even though Indiana on a back to back might not be a walk in the park. The roughest part of the schedule is probably over, but they do have a tough 5 game stretch next week.

Barring any injuries to the main guys, the Bulls have definitely proven they can be a contender in the East. Maybe not title contenders, but definitely worthy of a trip to the ECF. 

1 hour ago, chw42 said:

Next three games might be one of their easier stretches too, even though Indiana on a back to back might not be a walk in the park. The roughest part of the schedule is probably over, but they do have a tough 5 game stretch next week.

Barring any injuries to the main guys, the Bulls have definitely proven they can be a contender in the East. Maybe not title contenders, but definitely worthy of a trip to the ECF. 

Don’t jinx this next stretch, especially after that physical of a game vs Knicks. Refs were awful but a great game and fantastic win. White delivered in 4th and looked pretty quick. Great to see because he will be a huge pick up to the bench and fill one of their weaknesses (good bench scorer). He also adds yet another guy who can from time to time make plays with the ball. He was an awful pg but when you don’t need him to do it all the time his playmaking is okay. 

Can't believe they have a back to back after a long west coast trip - Going to be a grind game again.

Fun to have that feeling again where every game you think Bulls are going to win. 

That was exactly what we needed from Coby. I still think he'll be inconsistent this month, but occasional 3 barrage hopefully synced up to when Zach is having a tough night is perfect.

Just now, bmags said:

Can't believe they have a back to back after a long west coast trip - Going to be a grind game again.

Fun to have that feeling again where every game you think Bulls are going to win. 

That was exactly what we needed from Coby. I still think he'll be inconsistent this month, but occasional 3 barrage hopefully synced up to when Zach is having a tough night is perfect.

Also was only focused on bulls, didn't realize after a hot start the East records muddled, but it's starting to loook more like what you'd expect sans Bulls (to some) and Wizards.

76ers when they get Embiid, Harris all good to go should make their run, while I'm assuming Bucks will turn it on at some point. Bulls can keep pace this month if they can convert some of these easier wins. 

I watched the Pistons/Lakers drama go down live yesterday. Utter joke that LBJ got 1 game for that and the Pistons player just got 2. The Pistons player went ballistic. Should have gotten more than 2 games and quite frankly, Lebron getting ejected was enough. He did nothing to escalate, etc.  

32 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

I watched the Pistons/Lakers drama go down live yesterday. Utter joke that LBJ got 1 game for that and the Pistons player just got 2. The Pistons player went ballistic. Should have gotten more than 2 games and quite frankly, Lebron getting ejected was enough. He did nothing to escalate, etc.  

LBJ should have absolutely got a game, but yeah M the pistons player should have gotten more. 

Im a little understanding in that James knows other people will stand up for him while Jackson(?) knows he just got punched in the face and everyone will just force him to eat shit on it.

also, man this is gonna be a tough one. Good luck Coby! If you can turn this schedule loss into a win that would be nice!

52 minutes ago, bmags said:

LBJ should have absolutely got a game, but yeah M the pistons player should have gotten more. 

Im a little understanding in that James knows other people will stand up for him while Jackson(?) knows he just got punched in the face and everyone will just force him to eat shit on it.

also, man this is gonna be a tough one. Good luck Coby! If you can turn this schedule loss into a win that would be nice!

Not ideal - especially against a team with Sabonis and Turner. Very ugly start. They look totally flat - can’t shoot and making sloppy turnovers. 

14 hours ago, TheTruth05 said:

Easily their worst game of the year so far. Bad matchup considering the guys they are missing. Gonna be a tall task to come back from 22 especially at the clip they’re shooting

Meh.. 2nd game of a back to back after a grueling, physical game against the Knicks. Not too worried about this hiccup plus Caruso was also out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ron883 said:

@Look at Ray Ray Run Wendell Carter might be passing up Sexton at this point :cool: unfortunately, he got better after being traded to another team. 

Wendell Carter is still not good pal. He's on an awful team, getting minutes. King of production without impact. Wendell still a poor post defender, terrible offensive game in the post (no footwork) and can't get by anyone on the perimeter. He developed a nice spot up corner 3 and that's about it. I was trying to tell you all two years ago that the Bulls needed to gut everything but Lavine because no one else on the team was any good... they do exactly that and now they're good. Coincidence? I think not!

Sexton hurt pretty good all year, didn't help him much.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

Just now, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Wendell Carter is still not good pal. He's on an awful team, getting minutes. King of production without impact. Wendell still a poor post defender, terrible offensive game in the post (no footwork) and can't get by anyone on the perimeter. He developed a nice spot up corner 3 and that's about it. I was trying to tell you all two years ago that the Bulls needed to guy everything but Lavine because no one else on the team was any good... they do exactly that and now they're good. Coincidence? I think not!

I hope Wendell mires in mediocrity, as bad as that sounds. I had some heated debates with Magic fans who swore he was good and that the Magic swindled the Bulls in that trade. Left a bad taste in my mouth  Wendell was so unbelievably frustrating to me last season. Good riddance. 

47 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Wendell Carter is still not good pal. He's on an awful team, getting minutes. King of production without impact. Wendell still a poor post defender, terrible offensive game in the post (no footwork) and can't get by anyone on the perimeter. He developed a nice spot up corner 3 and that's about it. I was trying to tell you all two years ago that the Bulls needed to gut everything but Lavine because no one else on the team was any good... they do exactly that and now they're good. Coincidence? I think not!

Don’t forget he’s a scumbag

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

I hope Wendell mires in mediocrity, as bad as that sounds. I had some heated debates with Magic fans who swore he was good and that the Magic swindled the Bulls in that trade. Left a bad taste in my mouth  Wendell was so unbelievably frustrating to me last season. Good riddance. 

Wendell isn't good and he hasn't been good outside of that 5 game stretch right after the trade. Could he get better - sure, but it starts and stops with him.  He didn't put in the work and had a lousy attitude on the Bulls - good riddance.  Unfortunately there is a stench that came with the last 3 picks from the Gar/Pax era - which was the one thing they did well. But Lauri (he's okay), White (low BBall IQ and very flawed player at this point), and of course Wendell were a series of not so great picks (not saying any of those guys were busts cause they probably all have long careers - but none are impact players on good teams and I would be shocked if any of them ever become that).  Best case is a good 4th option (Lauri), a solid rotational big (WCJ), or a microwave type bench scorer (White).  

White seems to have an incredibly good work ethic and personality though - so I am excited to see how he does surrounded by a nucleus of better players, once he truly can get acclimated.  He was put in the absolute worse spot the past 2 years.  

Just now, fathom said:

Embarrassing loss tonight.  Perimeter defense was non-existent.

There's no good reason it was supposed to be a close game, but the ref calling offensive foul on Lonzo for just falling down completely changed the game's momentum late. I've never seen a ref fuck up that bad, have it be reviewed and still have it stand. Absolute bullshit.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chw42 said:

There's no good reason it was supposed to be a close game, but the ref calling offensive foul on Lonzo for just falling down completely changed the game's momentum late. I've never seen a ref fuck up that bad, have it be reviewed and still have it stand. Absolute bullshit.

The ball was long gone before that foul.  Should have counted the basket and the foul against Zo.  If falling into a defender is a foul and it might be.