2021-22 NBA Thread

Billy Donovan needs to look in the mirror.  I’m no expert at Xs & Os, but I still don’t see any semblance of an offensive system being run.  Ball & player movement get stagnant, picks but no rolls, bad dumb shots, overpassing leading to worse shots, and far too much reliance on isolation.  The lack of size and reliable 3 point shooting is catching up as well.  I get that we are only a month into the season, but I would hope we would start to see the offense click more but the past two games were atrocious. 

11 hours ago, chw42 said:

There's no good reason it was supposed to be a close game, but the ref calling offensive foul on Lonzo for just falling down completely changed the game's momentum late. I've never seen a ref fuck up that bad, have it be reviewed and still have it stand. Absolute bullshit.

That foul was baffling and one of the most egregious phantom fouls I have ever seen.  How the call stood after review is beyond comprehension.   

1 hour ago, Tnetennba said:

Billy Donovan needs to look in the mirror.  I’m no expert at Xs & Os, but I still don’t see any semblance of an offensive system being run.  Ball & player movement get stagnant, picks but no rolls, bad dumb shots, overpassing leading to worse shots, and far too much reliance on isolation.  The lack of size and reliable 3 point shooting is catching up as well.  I get that we are only a month into the season, but I would hope we would start to see the offense click more but the past two games were atrocious. 

I see this as well. Very rarely do I see them score and think, "that was a nice drawn up play". There doesn't seem to be a lot of easy baskets right now for the offense in a half court set. The half court offense runs strictly through Zach and DeMar's talent as scorers. Vucevic figuring out his shooting problems would help as well. His COVID stint really came at a terrible time because be was just starting to shoot and play better right before he got it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Bulls were better when Coby was off the roster

He's gonna need some time, but I just don't think he's that good to begin with. 

They lost today cause nobody besides DeRozan and Caruso shot the ball well. 

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Bulls were better when Coby was off the roster

I think he's walking trade bait at this point. Yes there are nights when he'll get hot and help carry a team but he is way too inconsistent to he counted on not to mention his sup par basketball I.Q. and tunnel vision. 

And godspeed Jokic. I hope he decides to come here. Cause Vucevic... ain't... it.

Oh.. and Spoelstra is a fantastic coach. His in game adjustments down the stretch were right on the money. Bulls did a terrible job adjusting to what Miami was doing. Donovan definitely got outcoached in this one.

Edited by SoxAce
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

I think he's walking trade bait at this point. Yes there are nights when he'll get hot and help carry a team but he is way too inconsistent to he counted on not to mention his sup par basketball I.Q. and tunnel vision. 

And godspeed Jokic. I hope he decides to come here. Cause Vucevic... ain't... it.

Vuc is having a subpar season, fer sure. And who wouldn't want an MVP center?  Maybe our guy will get it together;  long way to go yet.  Coby?  Even if he gets it together, who wants a player who has a good game every ten days?

36 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

Bulls win if they shoot halfway decent beyond the arc. The turnovers were bad but they cleaned it up in the 2nd half. Shots just weren’t falling, it is what is is. The Heat’s defense ain’t no joke

Heat couldn’t miss a three late…bulls were very unlike themselves in turnover front and Vuc was straight trash late in the game (and throughout the game). Meanwhile Bulls missed a ton of open looks throughout. 

The Pacers and Rockets games were brutal though. 

12 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Is it me or is the Bulls schedule brutal early in season. Looking forward next two weeks almost all real quality teams. Or maybe it is just a sign of the nba today with a ton of teams trying. 

10 games in 17 days with I believe 3 b2b, that's a lot of ball in a short period of time 

Yeah it's both. Not a lot of games to hide (ahem...houston), but what they put the bulls through in november was ridiculous. Putting a back to back after a west coast road trip, then sending them to orlando, then back home to play the heat, just  all ridiculous.

Vucevic was outstanding. By far his best game (and I'd argue his best game in a Bulls uniform). 5 players in our lineup had 5 or more assists. That'll do.

Oh and LaMelo Ball is a dude. That kid is gonna be a problem down the road if he improves his shot like his brother.

7 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Vucevic was outstanding. By far his best game (and I'd argue his best game in a Bulls uniform). 5 players in our lineup had 5 or more assists. That'll do.

Oh and LaMelo Ball is a dude. That kid is gonna be a problem down the road if he improves his shot like his brother.

The good news is - Lavar will want him in a big market and if Lonzo fits in Chicago that means the stars would align towards a great player wanting to come to the Bulls (in time). Heck - from that other tweet it sounds like Big Baller Brands is already working a bit to make that happen.  

If anyone watched NYK vs. BKN you saw a great NBA classic.  Takeaways: Couple bigs doing pine duty that could help the Bulls out right now.  Go get 'em.  Lots of familiar faces on both sides.  Our old JJ that Thibs misused and then doghoused and demoted before he was traded away with the winning free throws.  Good for him, closing over the benched Blake Griffin.  About those last free throws: They were up by 1 with 2.2 seconds to go after he made the first.  Coach Nash should have told him to miss the second.  NYK with no timeouts (Thibs hasn't changed there) would have to throw the rebound 70 feet to get a 2 point shot off and the clock would run out.  Same for the three pointer, unlikely timewise but it beats you either way.