2021-22 NBA Thread

25 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Everyone I've seen has heralded Caruso as the guy whose contribution doesn't really show in the statlines...but he actually leads the Bulls in RAPTOR WAR, which is kind of insane. It's so insane that he's actually 7th in the NBA in RAPTOR WAR and he's done that playing less than 30 minutes a game. 

Honestly - I could just watch a game that literally just followed Caruso around on camera playing defense. His defensive game is so special. I have no idea how sustainable it is on the long-run but just such a talented defender and I'm so glad the NBA has adjusted the foul calling to allow real defense to be played again.  I will caveat - Ball is also incredibly fun to watch play D as well, in particular watching the two of them play together and switch on pick and rolls and play off eachother is an even better watch. 

If you can't tell - I love love love watching this team (partly because my brain was so toxically broken from the past couple years sets of Bulls teams).  

Great win again. DeMar was MJ-esque again in the 4th. Lonzo hit a huge 3 after missing all night. Ayo was absolutely amazing. His energy brought the Bulls back after they were down by double digits in the 3rd. 2-0 against the Nets, although we caught them both times on the last game of a back to back. 

Edited by chw42
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, chw42 said:

Great win again. DeMar was MJ-esque again in the 4th. Lonzo hit a huge 3 after missing all night. Ayo was absolutely amazing. His energy brought the Bulls back after they were down by double digits in the 3rd. 2-0 against the Nets, although we caught them both times on the last game of a back to back. 

DeMar evoking mid range memories of Chet the Jet as well as MJ.  But Chet was more of a post up PF.  If you're too young to remember, you missed some fun teams.  I'm on Cloud Nine, keep it up Bullies.

10 minutes ago, ron883 said:

It really sucks they only got Ayo on a 2 year deal instead of the typical 3 year. That's a bigly mistake. 

That is a bummer. We don’t even get bird rights so i don’t even know what’s available to retain if he is good.

2 hours ago, Kyyle23 said:

The end of the game last night when DeRozan and Durant started getting hot was so much fun

Then the Lonzo dagger. I know we keep talking about the teams attitude, but DeMar, with the hot hand, could have kicked to Zach — a little less open, but the high scorer. Zo makes the three and the whole team goes wild. Including Zach.

They just want to win and support one another.

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

That was so damn impressive. They had no business winning tonight on paper. Donovan has these guys ready to play. Ayo is a spark plug

Definitely did not expect them to win tonight, let alone almost blow them out. 

Hope all the guys that came down with COVID get better.  Tough to have so many guys out. If we are lucky - Demar had a false positive and will be back quickly, if not at least there are only 6 games in the next 2 weeks.  Caruso out for the next week (at a minimum as well). Got to be careful with that calf/hammy. Don't want this to turn into a full season issue. 

But no: DDR, White, Green, Caruso, Williams (longer term)...that is 5 guys who were rotational pieces (and obviously 2 key pieces) out right now.  

9 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

That was so damn impressive. They had no business winning tonight on paper. Donovan has these guys ready to play. Ayo is a spark plug

Denver was sorta playing with half a squad themselves.  Bulls were simply too athletic for them.  Ayo's a dynamo.

3 hours ago, chw42 said:

Even Stacey King has COVID. I'm really hoping it doesn't go beyond DeMar, we can't afford to lose more guys.

Get well soon Stacey. I hadn’t realized this but Stacey Kings brother died from Covid. Hopefully Stacey is vaxd and has mild symptoms (since it seems there is some hereditary nature to Covid severity). 

Wow - that game was fun. Damn this team is fun. Lavine was incredible tonight. Defensively, offensively, he passing. Super super efficient…just special. 

Ball defense was unreal and he put up a double double with 4 blocks and 4 steals!!! 

And Ayo was fantastic after that slow first quarter. Vuc rushed his shot but did well on d against Jokic. 

This team is so athletic and fun to watch in transition. 

3 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Wow - that game was fun. Damn this team is fun. Lavine was incredible tonight. Defensively, offensively, he passing. Super super efficient…just special. 

Ball defense was unreal and he put up a double double with 4 blocks and 4 steals!!! 

He had 0 steals but he should've had 4+ the way he created turnovers off guys (lots of times the ball bounced off a guy's leg or hand out of bounds).